Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2005, 12:15 AM

Default My Poker Goals - Summer 2005

Okay, it has taken this long for me to get to the point where I feel comfortable enough with my game and start making goals.

First off, I need to move up. I'm beating .5/1, even after some kind of nasty downswings (I'm now in a considerable unsustainable upswing, but that's how it all evens out, eh). But I can't move up because I don't have the bankroll (I'm actually barely bankrolled for .5/1). So I need to get there.

I don't want to make my goals based upon bankroll. That'll make me too results oriented and increase my emotional swings when I hit some bad beats or the inevitable stall in my current upswing.

So, I need to play hands. Lotsa lotsa hands. I've been tracking my game in PT since January, and I've played 27000 hands. Six months, 27000 hands. I don't get to play alot, do I? It boggles my mind people play that many in a month.

But I have a family, 2 kids, help my wife cook and clean up after dinner, teach my kids math (we homeschool), and read to my kids every night.

Anyway, I figure if I can sustain a 1.5 BB/100 pace, and play 30,000 hands then I will have more than adequate bankroll for 1/2 + some bonus money I can take out and reward myself.

And I'm going to do it in 3 months. The summer months. When I'll be going on trips every month. So it is going to be a real challenge, for anyone who doubts.

I must play 333 hands/night, for 90 days, and maintain a 1.5 BB/100 pace. That's my goal. Right now I mostly 2-table, but will probably need to work up to 3-4 tabling to complete this.

Target date: 9/7/2005
Target hands: 30,000

------------------------

My first night:

Hands played: 339

Tonight was tough because I ran so very well early. Usually when I run that well I close the tables, call it a night and go to bed. But I was only at 200 hands! So I had to keep playing!

So I kept playing, and I didn't lose it all, so that was a good thing.

-----------------

I probably won't update this thread, unless there is interest. I am keeping track of it on my blog (which someone suggested me to do not so long ago).

Thanks for listening.

KO