Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

View Poll Results: $2/$4. $600 max buy in. Which line do you prefer?
2 fish 5 OKs 2 sharks + you 3 5.88%
2 fish 2 OKs 5 sharks + you 0 0%
5 fish 2 OKs 2 Shark + you 13 25.49%
3 fish 3 OKs 3 sharks + you 5 9.80%
9 sharks + you 0 0%
9 fish + you 30 58.82%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2005, 03:12 AM

Default Design review for the Pharaoh\'s Club Paulson chips

I think a lot of people are as excited as I am about the new Paulson chip, but also very disappointed with our two dismal choices of inlay. You can pick the old James Bond design, but the inlay was too small for the allotted area, making it look odd. Or the other choice, a stock inlay design from trademark which is also a bit boring (to me), and which is also purported to be too small.

I decided that there is no reason why we can't organize another group buy for custom chips. I am determined to make this happen, and will not relent until the goal is met. There is no distributor lined up, there is no order started, and there are no prices yet. All of this will come once I see that there's enough support to order 100,000 chips. Yes, you read that right, 100,000 chip order. I will promise everyone two things:

<font color="blue">
1. Everyone involved at the beginning will get a great price on the new Paulson chips.
2. The chip designs will be stunning and you will be proud of this unique chip set.
</font>

This thread is not meant for organizing the order process. I know the discussion lead that way, but the first step is getting a design direction to follow. The chips you see here are the first step on choosing a theme. As you can see, I chose two "traditional" designs, as reflected in the polls here and on TexasHoldem-Poker.com. The other is more "fancy" as you can see.

These mockups are by no means finished. I "held back" my usual design direction purposely. I gave only a few visual cues and indicators for the graphic artists. I wanted new perspectives. I didn't want them to look like my other Egyptian set. Once I have decided on the direction to go, I will work with that artist to tweak the design and to continue the entire set. Knowing my knit-picking, he will be happy when the process is over. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

There will be 7 chips. 25¢ through $1000. Standard colors, unless I can get Trademark to let me change a couple of them. Each chip will have a different inlay shape , all of which I have determined already.

So please, let me know what you think!

OPTION #1

OPTION #2

OPTION #3

I'd like to get a lot of votes on this design, including the opinions of people that don't frequent this forum. Please feel free to ask friends, family, or anyone else to take part in the poll. If you frequent other forums, ask your friends to come vote. I'd like to hear from more than just my "chip snob" friends here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Feel free to hot-link my images from thecagles.com to show people what we are proposing.

[thanks to MSPatton at http://holdempokerchips.com for the Paulson scan]

Ten