Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-10-2004, 01:26 PM

Default chicago clubs

i am from the northwest suburbs and my parents still live there. i was wondering where to go for some games when i come home to visit. i know of the boats and unless they have changed drastically over the past 3 months by adding no-limit i am not that interested in going there.

if there are some member clubs do they allow a guest pass of some sort to play? how do i go about contacting the correct people to play in these games as well?

thanks
amato
Old 11-10-2004, 03:15 PM

Default Re: chicago clubs

trump (technically in Indiana) does spread no-limit games. Typically a $200 max buy-in and a $400 minimum.

I don't know of any 'private' clubs... but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:21 PM

Someone posted yesterday that the Trump $200 Max NL is dead. The $400 Min NL is still going.

Regards,

T
Old 11-10-2004, 04:26 PM

They have changed drastically and have spread NL games. Trump has a $500 buy-in game (the "baby" NL game the other poster mentioned is no longer spread) and Harrah's spreads a $300-$500 buy-in game. Both are excellent games for a good player.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Harrah's spreads a $300-$500 buy-in game

[/ QUOTE ]

Its actually a 200-500$ buy in, played in it friday, man was it juicy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Thrump told me they killed the 200NL game becouse they did some kind of study, and the game was bad for them, and bad for the players....the only thing it was bad for was feeding the big game. Now if you wanna play NL, and many mnay do, you have to play in the bigger game with the bigger time charge. Its hard to get NL going at Harrahs except for the weekends. I hadnt been in there since Thrump opened, but since they canned thier 200 game I went back over to Harrahs, and its is like 3 gazillion times nicer then it was. The best part is extremly clean chips! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2004, 05:30 PM

Default what about Ceasers near Louisville?

they spreading any NL?
Old 11-10-2004, 09:31 PM

Default Re: what about Ceasers near Louisville?

Yes, but its hard to get players during the week...
Old 11-10-2004, 09:59 PM

Check out rockfordcharitablegames.com. They have NL tourneys every weekend in Rockford and about every other Tues or Wed at various locations in the NW suburbs. Main event is $150 buy-in 10 table tourney. They also run NL SNG's constantly in the 30/60 range with an occasional 100. It is very well run but alot of solid players.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check out rockfordcharitablegames.com. They have NL tourneys every weekend in Rockford and about every other Tues or Wed at various locations in the NW suburbs. Main event is $150 buy-in 10 table tourney. They also run NL SNG's constantly in the 30/60 range with an occasional 100. It is very well run but alot of solid players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for the MTT, but the 30 and 60 SnGs are absolutely aweful. You start with t1000 and t1200 respectively and the blinds start at 25/50 on both. Blinds double every 10/12 minutes. Definitely a crap shoot and not reccomended.

The limit games are good however. As for your comment about being well run, I wouldn't say it's bad but it's nothing special. Some of the dealers are good and some are quite subpar.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:23 PM

Default Re: what about Ceasers near Louisville?

how big of a game do they normally spread on the weekends? and is thier rake/charge rediculous?

Thanks