Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 09-05-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Objectively Think About This One.

[ QUOTE ]
Good managers are aware of this and actively checks if the department on the scene knows what they are doing.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is true in a top down hierarchal structure. Government in the US is not structured that way.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the Fire Chief turns on the TV and sees Engine 5 fighting a 10 alarm fire by themselves he has a duty to overide scene command ...

[/ QUOTE ]
If it's a 10 alarm fire, that means that they've already requested help from 9 other stations. Duh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm about through trying to debate with you...

I feel like the winner of a Special Olympics event. Even though I won, I had a big advantage over the rest of the field.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if the 9 other fire depts. are waiting for paperwork and a formal invitation before responding? Should the fire chief play another round of golf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can God make a rock sooo big that he himself cannot lift it?
Old 09-05-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good managers are aware of this and actively checks if the department on the scene knows what they are doing.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is true in a top down hierarchal structure. Government in the US is not structured that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, and it seems to be a major contributor to this problem. Local autonomy probably works well when the scale of the problem is managable for the local unit, but when it becomes too big it becomes an obstacle.

Just thinking that the governor and Bush could work those problems out prior to the hurricane, not spend days after. On a CNN interview, Nagin stated that Bush had said to him that the governor had problem making quick decisions. Don't know if it was excuse or accurate.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, and it seems to be a major contributor to this problem. Local autonomy probably works well when the scale of the problem is managable for the local unit, but when it becomes too big it becomes an obstacle.

Just thinking that the governor and Bush could work those problems out prior to the hurricane, not spend days after. On a CNN interview, Nagin stated that Bush had said to him that the governor had problem making quick decisions. Don't know if it was excuse or accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

We spent $375B after 9/11 to fix this specific problem of lack of communication between agencies, automatic responses and fluidity between agencies.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We spent $375B after 9/11 to fix this specific problem of lack of communication between agencies, automatic responses and fluidity between agencies.

[/ QUOTE ]

You spent money fixing it or fixed it? Major difference.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You spent money fixing it or fixed it? Major difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

We we're told it was FIXED by the Bush Admin numerous times. Apparently they we're very, very wrong.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Objectivity During Crisis

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, Chubby Bubba could have prevented the whole thing if he just would have done ANYTHING about ANYTHING while he was in office. You know, maybe take OSB when he was offered to us. Or, maybe not murder dozens of American citizens in Waco and Ruby Ridge. But no, no blame must fall on the Bush/Clinton/Bush tripod. (NOTE: Clearly I am disappointed in the job all three men did in office. However, I must admit that Bush is MUCH better than having either Gore or Kerry in office.) Perhaps if you were 1/3 as intelligent as GWB I would care what you had to say. But then, you use the term "Texas Twit", and I know you are as stupid as Cyrus

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like you're trying to convince everyone that you are not a brainwashed dittohead and that you can think for yourself. Unfortunately, the only one you are fooling is yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I am not brainwashed. I think for myself. Second, I listen to Rush from time to time, but I do not always agree with him, but sometimes I do. Regardless of what you say, he does have good ideas and is usually right about political events. Just ask him. Third, I am not fooling myself into anything. It's you, with responses like the one you gave, who cannot think for yourself. Do you have any idea how many times I have heard the almost verbatim response that you gave?
Old 09-05-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have any idea how many times I have heard the almost verbatim response that you gave?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see why?
Old 09-05-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you have any idea how many times I have heard the almost verbatim response that you gave?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because people like you cannot see beyond your own good intentions. That's why.

Reality, look into it.