Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 07-27-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Re: A new theory on Negraneau challenge matches

He has admitted it. He wrote articles on it. Making fortunes playing tournies and blowing it at the bellagio. On his birthday he lost 70k i think playing live black chips games.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:06 PM

Only you call him the best limit player in the world. Thats a big claim.

Player higher doesn't equate better skill. If it did than anyone who hits the lottery and starts playing in the big game would be considered great to you. You see thats how i see it. Daniel won the lottery(tournaments, a whole different game) now he plays big(not very many hours) and claims he is world class. I don't see it that way. He didn't earn his way up there playing live. He went broke trying that. The lottery got him in the big game!
Old 07-27-2005, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Is Citanul Serious? Troll not = insult.

[ QUOTE ]
So go frequent another forum

[/ QUOTE ]

Im going to frequent this forum and I'll do it without listening to your whining.

Vince
Old 07-27-2005, 09:25 PM

Howard you didn't start anything. Citanul called Smoothcall a Troll. Then he claimed that calling someone a troll is not an insult. Well then what is it? The forum moderator used that as justification to ban a guy. I pointed out the inconsistencies with which the moderator deals with different posters.

Vince
Old 07-27-2005, 09:42 PM

Howard,

I admit that at least you are consistent. You enter a thread and post gibberish about how you started it all and then you claim that an insult is not an insult.

Because you find a definition that suits your purposes doesn't change the truth. This guy meant it as an insult and so did you n your post to me. And regardless of how you meant it or he meant it the most important consideration when considering if something is an insult is how the recipient views it. That is what caring parents teach their children. And all of your bruhaing won't change the fact that you are wrong!

vince
Old 07-27-2005, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because you find a definition that suits your purposes doesn't change the truth. This guy meant it as an insult and so did you n your post to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies, Vince. I'll now strive to abandon my use of precise language based on commonly accepted dictionary definitions and instead confine myself to your subjective, unusual, and entirely personal notions of what words mean.

[ QUOTE ]
And regardless of how you meant it or he meant it the most important consideration when considering if something is an insult is how the recipient views it. That is what caring parents teach their children. And all of your bruhaing won't change the fact that you are wrong!

[/ QUOTE ]

And while I'm at it, I'll teach my kids that objective reasonableness has no bearing on their conduct! Think of it! They can walk around on eggshells, fearing that anything they say or do might be perceived as an insult by any nearby jackass that simply happens to think so!
Old 07-27-2005, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll teach my kids

[/ QUOTE ]

With your attitude you should leave the teaching to their mother. They might learn to respect their fellow man that way. From you - no way.

Vince
Old 07-27-2005, 11:57 PM

vince,

i'm sure you thought i was taking some kind of side when i made a comment about this all being silly. i did not mean to offend and we have some mutual friends.

i just want to say this:

this place is an internet message board. that's it. you are taking it too serious. this level of seriousness is the silliness. not only that, but you might blow a gasket and then mason would need a new towel boy.

chill bro. don't take this place personal. that's completely against what 2+2 stands for, and always will stand for. when this reality check sinks in, you can thank me later.

Best Wishes,

GM
Old 07-28-2005, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Only you call him the best limit player in the world. Thats a big claim.

Player higher doesn't equate better skill. If it did than anyone who hits the lottery and starts playing in the big game would be considered great to you. You see thats how i see it. Daniel won the lottery(tournaments, a whole different game) now he plays big(not very many hours) and claims he is world class. I don't see it that way. He didn't earn his way up there playing live. He went broke trying that. The lottery got him in the big game!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he is the best player. I never called him the best player. I just don't see why you have made it your personal mission to see to it that everyone agrees with you that Danny sucks. I think you are way off base with this claim. We have limited results that show Danny as a winner in the Big Game. We also have him taking on the player thought to be the biggest winner in the big game. So far, he has held his own. While this is not enough evidence to conclude that he is one of the best in the world, it certainly is enough evidence to show that he is not completely overmatched by these players.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:12 AM

He may just want to improve.