Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 06-10-2005, 09:04 AM

Default Re: For the Poker Room.... BEER

Poker, Ping-pong, and beer. What else do you need [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2005, 02:14 PM

I HATE these things. One is just an expensove apartment fridge and the other (vending machine) is a total waste of space. If you haven't already - cozy up to one of your local bar owners, a lot of times you can get a used reach in for $50 or $100 - colder and lots more space.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:38 AM

Not to be overly technical, but corny kegs that you are talking about are actually different from 5.25 gallon kegs that we call "bullets." Many microbrewers and even some macros keg their beer in 5.25 gallon kegs as well as 7.75 "pony" kegs.

If you are interested in getting smaller kegs with a larger selection of brews, visit ratebeer.com and find a respected beer store near you.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:04 AM

Nah, it's not hard at all (so to speak). All we did was buy a refrigeratot that was smaller than your standard frig, but obviously big enough for a keg. We found a store that specialized in home brewing, and they had a kegerator kit and the tanks. So all we had to so was drill the holes, and follow the directions. They even had the kit for Guiness. I'm sure you could but the kit online. It ended up being considerably cheaper than buying one new, especially if you find an old, cheap frig.

Good Luck, and don't buy shitty beer!
Go Noles
Old 06-17-2005, 10:08 PM

Wow, this forum really does have it all!! I am now sufficiently motivated to go right home and bui a kegerator. I rent a house with 3 other guys, and this is something we have been talking about doing for a long time. It would be great for our poker tournaments.
Old 06-18-2005, 05:09 PM

If you guys are regular beer drinkers, one of two things will happen:

A) you will drink the same amount of money and pay less

B) you will pay the same but be considerably more drunk

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2005, 10:32 PM

So after some unexpected expenses (needed stitches, my car was hit while parked, you know, the usual), I'm ready to finish up my kegerator tomorrow. I've got three things to do: 1) drill all the holes; 2) go pick up my C02 from a local welding place; 3) splice on a new plug.

I'm only really worried about 3). I need to splice a new cord on since I set the freezer down on the old one and smashed the prongs. I've found a couple sites with tips on splicing, but I've never done any kind of electrical work before, so I'm still nervous. Does anyone have any tips for this kind of thing, or know of a really copmrehensive site?
Old 08-17-2005, 12:50 AM

Bump.

Kegerator is done and I've got a couple cold kegs on tap. If there's enough interest I can throw the pics up on imageshack and give a brief rundown on the steps I took. If not, anyone that wants that kind of thing can PM me.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:24 PM

the steps i already know well, but i wouldn't mind seeing some pics of how it came out...
Old 08-17-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tip, the line needs to always go UP out of the keg. You will get bubbles trapped int he line otherwise. Then when you push it out you get BEER->FOAM_EJECTA->FOAMY_BEER.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just noticed this now. It's hard to tell from the pic, but the line does go up out of the keg. No problems with foamy beer in my house! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]