Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 10-20-2004, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Preparing to turn Pro

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Thomas,

If you're making less than $40 an hour live, you should not turn pro. In fact, if you're making anything under 1bb/tbl/hr live, you should not turn pro. The games right now are very soft; a few months from now they may not be and you may be a break-even player at mid-limits. Same reason why a lot of the Vegas "pro's" disappear when the games get tough and reappear when they're juicy like they are right now.

When calculating your hourly earn, DO NOT add for driving time. DO NOT subtract gas money or toll roads. If your commute would really be 2 hours each way, rethink taking the job. As a corollary, if you file as a professional gambler your mileage on your car is deductible, your gas is deductible, and tolls will be deductible.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Online I have these numbers covered. I probably didn't make it clear but online is where the main focus will be. Living in America though knowing what the fixed cost to go to a B&M in case Internet is no longer an option because of law changes.

Since I have 4 children between the ages of 2-14 we are holding off on moving to Vegas where the fixed cost is much less.

Now was your point that internet poker earnings should not weigh in my decision or were you giving $40 an hour as a min. earning?

PS Are we playing our Hula match tonight?