Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Old 11-22-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Can guys and girls be just friends?

[ QUOTE ]

This is, of course, absolute crap. Some of my best "buddies" are female. Even ones I find attractive! Crazy, isn't it? Some of us are actually capable of getting past that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would submit that if you *knew* there was no chance of having sex with these women, and if you *knew* there was no chance of meeting their female friends, you would no longer be friends with them.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Women can, men can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've taken a lot of heat for that statement, but there is some truth behind it.

Saw this on a documentary on discovery.
The reason why some men struggle to be faithful is our instincts. Men have an urge to better the chance of having offspring by inpregnating as many women we can.

Of course, human beings developed the abilty to ingore instincts and chose logic and morals to guide our actions.

The point is, the wanting to have sex thing can be in the back of the males mind when its not in the females.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:11 AM

I don't think they can, any time I've had a female friend that was as close as one of "the guys" we've eventually hooked up. There was no way around it. Then again alcohol was involved in all those situations...
Old 12-02-2005, 04:28 PM

Of course they can. I'm a man, and my closest friends at this point in my life are women.

The people who argue that if sexual attraction is a factor then men and women can't be friends are simply wrong. One of my close friends is a woman to whom I have been strongly attracted sexually since I first met her twenty years ago, and she to me. She and I went out together for a while, and despite the attraction things just didn't work out. We broke up as lovers, but remained friends, and the friendship has deepened over the years. We still think each other is really hot, and a the same time, we both understand that having sex again would likely be a mistake. It doesn't stop her from calling me up to complain about office politics at her job, and I'm happy to take that call.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:08 AM

Sure but one will always lust after the other.

OR

the "friend" of the opposite sex is your best friends wife or husband. But then if your buddy got divorsed would you talk to the ex?

Men and women have nothing in common except sex for the most part. One or the other always wants to have sex with the other. Very rarely I have found there was not some interest from one or the other.

Come on how many good looking women are true friends with a butt ugly guy and he doesnt want to do her.

Or how many men are "just friends" with an ugly woman?

All my female friends are ex girlfriends or my wife's friend. But then again if they had a falling out... I wouldnt be talking to her. And I'd like to get "friendly" with the neighbor. Mmmm MMM oh my.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:09 AM

Aha see sex is involved. The lust is still there.

Just can't have a friend-friend relationship with the opposite sex without that "sex" word popping up in someone's mind.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:10 AM

Nuns and priest. And now-a-days, ya can't even be sure of the non "sex" part there.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:10 AM

Its always one OR the other that has the "sex" interest.

Usually its the man.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:13 AM

Yup, true, true.

But seriously you tell me one reason why a man would want to be friends with an overweight unattrative woman he is not attracted to? They have no common interests.

I may sound harsh but look deep you will see I'm right. Of course to everything there are probabilities of exceptions. Like there is a chance Gorge Bush has some intelligence upstairs. Its about as probably as a runner runner straight vs top pair with the straight flush draw.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:18 AM

Dr. Dom #1

I think you missed this.