Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-07-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: OJ Simpson

[ QUOTE ]
Sterling was a wide receiver, I think Shannon was a tight end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call on Sterling vs. Shannon. I don't know where I pulled Sterling from. I havn't thought about that guy in years...wierd.

[ QUOTE ]
There was just a coach or athletic director of a college that made a comment about needing to draft more Afro-American athletes because their team was lacking speed. He got so much crap for that, he's had to apologize for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, good reference. BTW, I think that Afro-American is no longer kosher.

[ QUOTE ]
Put me down for one as not believing that verdict either. I was sitting in an Arby's drive thru and I remember the car behind me beeping the horn to move because I was just sitting there stunned. I think OJ's blood being where it was and the DNA explanation of it was too confusing for the juror's. I don't know what trial they were watching.

That scene of Howard? University students jumping up and down celebrating still makes me sick to my stomach.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure it wasn't the Arbys?

Seriously, are there any black people on this forum. I'm curious to hear their opinions.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:54 PM

I think the fact that the police were corrupt rascists who planted evidence makes any prosecution insecure & unjust.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:03 PM

i think the reason a significant portion of the black population was happy that OJ was acquitted is because they feel he beat the system. A system they would, and probably on solid ground, argue has historically been unfair to blacks. I think it was the fact that he is black and was probably guilty and got off that blacks celebrated. Sort of a revenge thing. On another level the verdict showed that if you have enough money you can get off. Just like Robert Blake.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:44 PM

ssshhhheeeeeiiiittttt...I probably didnt kill them!
You must aquit!
Old 11-07-2005, 05:16 PM

You people will have a lot of crow to eat when OJ tracks down the real killers. Obviously they have fled to South Florida. Based upon my observations I believe they are somehow involved in golf, either as country members or golf course workers.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:18 PM

they could also be involved with ecstacy and cable pirating.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the fact that the police were corrupt rascists who planted evidence makes any prosecution insecure & unjust.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll grant you "corrupt racists"...I mean, which police department isn't? However, there was no evidence that the huge amount of evidence that they collected was planted.

Basically the defence's case was "Mark Furman is a racist, and he planted evidence because he hates black people and wanted to frame OJ Simpson". It's a ludicrous argument.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:41 PM

If I ever get accused of a crime I definitely hope that Marcia Clark handles the prosecution.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I ever get accused of a crime I definitely hope that Marcia Clark handles the prosecution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris Darden came to speak at my school after the trial was over. I don't remeber all the details, but I remember him mainly blaming the judge and the jury. His position was that the prosecution hadn't made any significant blunders.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'll grant you "corrupt racists"...I mean, which police department isn't? However, there was no evidence that the huge amount of evidence that they collected was planted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that OJs vehicle had blood stains which matched his wifes DNA. However, these blood stains are notably absent on the original police crime scene photographs, and must have found their way there at a later date.

I saw this on a documentary quite some time ago, so make of that what you will.....

If this is true then the whole matter of OJ's guilt/innocence is kind of moot.