Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-10-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Re: Diablo, why not you?

saying that diablo could have just played poker during those calls instead of posting on 2p2 is just absurd, come on. think about it.

he multitasks, not complicated.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:23 AM

Default Re: One of you guys should step up as the [censored] of MHNL

Yeti is way to nice for this job.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:25 AM

just dont ban rv3r yet, his threads are too funny.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
saying that diablo could have just played poker during those calls instead of posting on 2p2 is just absurd, come on. think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's so absurd about it? If he has no qualms dividing his attention between conference calls and posting/reading on 2+2, why would he have qualms opening up a table or two for some good ol' fashioned gambling?

Multi-tasking is what it is no matter what two or more things you're doing at once.

Garland
Old 10-10-2005, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Five hours for a couple of conference calls? Really? Ok, hard to stomach, but I'll buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you ever been on a large conference call? they always last a long time. 5 hours worth of conference calls shouldn't be hard to believe.

[ QUOTE ]
How much are you contribuing to these calls if you're busy posting on 2+2? I suspect maybe these calls bore you and don't really need them.

[/ QUOTE ]

again, have you ever had to be on a large conference call? I'd estimate 90% of what is normally said in a lengthy call doesnt require your input or full attention.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you're a great multi-tasker like a great multi-tabler, so I'll give you that.

[/ QUOTE ]

multitabling is not multitasking.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's so absurd about it? If he has no qualms dividing his attention between conference calls and posting/reading on 2+2, why would he have qualms opening up a table or two for some good ol' fashioned gambling?

Multi-tasking is what it is no matter what two or more things you're doing at once.

Garland

[/ QUOTE ]

playing 10/20 is totally different than posting on 2p2.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:30 AM

It's not just a matter of clutter, it's a matter of how the games play. What might very well be a reasonable line at 2/4 can very well be idiotic at 10/20 and I can't even begin to say what it must look like at 50/100. And while it's been quite a while other than 2+2 games that I've played that level, unless it's changed, 2/4 is quite a step up from .50/1.00 etc so I really do think Mid & High are separate segmentations deserving their own forums, perhaps 5/10 SH or 6 max being the dividing line. It's very frustrating trying to explain to a poster without experience at the level in question why his advice has little to no value and I know that I get this a lot less than some of the real forum veterans who play high level games like El D, ML4L, Matt Flynn, Limon etc.

<Disclaimer> (10/20 is as high as I regularly play, I've taken occasional shots at 25/50 and 50/100 and am actually ahead at both but only play when games were really good for some reason and I have no shame whatsoever about hitting and running at that level since I don't keep the proper ammount in my bankroll for those levels)
Old 10-10-2005, 02:34 AM

Garland,

When somoene beats you in an argument, you can gain alot of respect by being a man and admitting you are wrong.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:35 AM

Is it a full moon out tonight or something? What the hell got into all of you? Instead of coming up with possible solutions for the forum you guys get into a fight OVER the internet with people you don't even know but you are willing to take the time to insult them on an internet message board. [censored].
Old 10-10-2005, 03:14 AM

I decided to unlock this since a lot of you said there was good discussion going on, so I just deleted some of the unecessary crap between el diablo/garland. At the risk of sounding like my parents, let's try and keep it a little civilized.