Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-19-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Does anyone here find Guiness.....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose that you could measure its viscosity (sp?) and then set a standard of what constitutes thick.

[/ QUOTE ]

And how would you choose this standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

relative to other beers?
Old 09-19-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
most people don't like guinness the first time they try it. every american goes to ireland and says "oh yeah guinness great beer!" then they try it, think it sucks, but say its great anyway. theyre idiots.

i was like that too once, i got to ireland and was all excited about it, and when i first had it i thought it was awful. but after you drink 10-15 pints of it in a couple days it becomes awesome. its my favorite beer. part of that might be that i dont get to drink it very often, so its kind of a special treat. if i could drink it more than one month a year i would drink it year round and it might wear off.

its horrible in the US though. i really, really, really hate americans who buy it in the states and say its awesome, theyre idiots. first they probably dont have the taste for it and are just posing, and second they are drinking crap guinness anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG SOMEONE WITH A DIFFERENT OPINION THAT YOU, LETS KILL HIM.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

posers are lame. i rest my case.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, let's not forget about black and tans, half guiness, half harp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that is called a "half and half". Black and Tan is Bass Ale on Bottom, Guinness on top.

I drink Black and Tans regularly and one of my pet peaves is upon ordering when the server asks whether I want that with Bass or Harp.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

posers are lame. i rest my case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't you be in class right now anyways?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its horrible in the US though. i really, really, really hate americans who buy it in the states and say its awesome, theyre idiots. first they probably dont have the taste for it and are just posing, and second they are drinking crap guinness anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Granted that it's clearly better in Ireland than the US, it's still a better beer than any other macrobrew here. People who say Americans who drink Guinness are idiots/posers because it's so much better in Ireland are the same as the jackass getting all high and mighty saying "the book was much better." This is high-grade douchebaggery.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i really, really, really hate americans who buy it in the states and say its awesome, theyre idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its nice to know that a complete stranger really, really, really hates me.

I'm sure the Guinness is better in ireland, but since I'm stuck here in the states, I'm not allowed to drink one of my favorite beers?
Old 09-19-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Granted that it's clearly better in Ireland than the US, it's still a better beer than any other macrobrew here. People who say Americans who drink Guinness are idiots/posers because it's so much better in Ireland are the same kind of douchebags getting all high and mighty saying "the book was much better." This is high-grade douchebaggery.

[/ QUOTE ]

i see your point. ive never had a guinness in the states that was any good, and its ridiculous when a bunch of people are drinking guinness at a bar talking about how awesome it is when im drinking it and its nothing like the real thing, and i know theyre bullshitting. i guess im overreacting a bit to a couple of induvidual cases, but its a big pet peeve.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i really, really, really hate americans who buy it in the states and say its awesome, theyre idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its nice to know that a complete stranger really, really, really hates me.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i am generalizing a bit. if you really like it, great for you. i just know there are a ton of people who buy it here because of the novelty, dont really like it, but say they do. they piss me off.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure the Guinness is better in ireland, but since I'm stuck here in the states, I'm not allowed to drink one of my favorite beers?

[/ QUOTE ]

And no. I know what's best for everyone. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2005, 08:51 PM

The guinness in the states is the same as it is in ireland if you go to a pub that knows what theyre doing. So many pub specific things go into getting a good pint of guinness that different pubs throughout ireland claim to have the "best pint of guinness in ireland". Youll find that so many small things matter too with the taste of guinness. I, as well as many other irish people i met when i studied over there would feel that it was perfectly acceptable to send back a pint if the bartender was too hasty with the time in between pours or if they didnt tilt the glass at a correct angle.