Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 08-28-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: My last real Year of Poker

That will be the new work schedule. I know someone who is an investment banker and they worked 50-70 hours a week for 6-7 years!!!! (Granted that was back in the flying days of the late 80's) I hope they aren't lying to you about the hours settling down after only 2. Nice job and congrats. You'll be able to play the $150/$300 table at Borgata loaded with fishies.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:10 PM

I'm not reading any of the other responses.

I'll just say congratulations, and tell you that anything that means I'll see you less at UB and Stars is a good thing.

Good luck.

DT
Old 08-28-2005, 06:48 PM

I think you'll find that you enjoy playing poker as much if not more if not your primary source of income, as I have.

Congratulations. Just make sure to schedule your vacation in July for the WSOP early - I'll see ya there.

TSP
Old 08-28-2005, 07:40 PM

Congrats, at least now I can be the best source of Barron advice on this site...

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 08-28-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the 70-90 hrs a week is just for the first year or 2. then i work 7-4 mostly. within 5 years i'll likely be an MD myself w/ a small team and a nice paycheck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone convinces themselves of this. There are lots of Associates and fewer MDs.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the 70-90 hrs a week is just for the first year or 2. then i work 7-4 mostly. within 5 years i'll likely be an MD myself w/ a small team and a nice paycheck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone convinces themselves of this. There are lots of Associates and fewer MDs.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i guess i'll soon see for myself...

Barron
Old 08-28-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well i guess i'll soon see for myself...

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to be snippy. Just that the life is hard and a lot of people tire of it. Hope you're an exception. Good luck.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Congratulations. Just make sure to schedule your vacation in July for the WSOP early - I'll see ya there.

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be very surprised if he could schedule a vacation after working a few months as an investment banker. That said, i don't know Barron very well, but he's always seemed both intelligent and methodical, so i would also assume he knows exactly what this job entails and is more then ready for it. Best of luck to you again Barron!

Gabe
Old 08-29-2005, 12:18 AM

Congrats. When you set up a poker game with your investment banking buddies, please put me on the list.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats. When you set up a poker game with your investment banking buddies, please put me on the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was actually thinkin about this and i had 2 thoughts...

1) if i WERE to play poker with these guys i think it would be -ev to play my best.

and

2) if it were to become a regular thing i think its best for everyone if im honest and then proceed to teach them so we can all have fun and nobody's feelings get hurt.

and you, max, will only be invited if you play hands blind...smoke act a lot...and drink [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Barron