Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-16-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Led Zeppelin

[ QUOTE ]
Jimmy Hendrix is a much better guitar player than Led Zeppelin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with you there, but Steve Vai blows them all away. (surprised no one really commented on Vai and we are speaking of guitar skill in this comment)

either way question @ hand was for Zepellin, but I like the other bands getting in the mix like Nirvana was a noticable one.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(surprised no one really commented on Vai and we are speaking of guitar skill in this comment)

[/ QUOTE ]

Name one memorable thing he's done the masses can point to.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:19 PM

Was Steve Vai the guy that played the Crossroads thing?

If so, that.

If not, nothing.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(surprised no one really commented on Vai and we are speaking of guitar skill in this comment)

[/ QUOTE ]

Name one memorable thing he's done the masses can point to.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not that good. He couldn't beat Ralph Macchio in a guitar duel, and this is with Vai being taught by the devil, and Mr Miyagi nowhere in sight.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:21 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

I could go the rest of my life never hearing another Led song again and be happy. I am absolutely, SICK of hearing them. It's too the point that it's like hearing a test pattern now.

b
Old 12-16-2005, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I could go the rest of my life never hearing another Led song again and be happy. I am absolutely, SICK of hearing them. It's too the point that it's like hearing a test pattern now.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your attitude, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the question at hand. The only Zeppelin CD that I bother with now is III (and I skip The Immigrant Song). Several years ago I saw some footage of a young Robert Plant and was stunned at how talented he was. Boy did he ever lose it. III has always been my favorite Zep album, the rest got overplayed. Are they Gods? I think I have to vote yes.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:03 AM

gods bitch, gods
Old 12-16-2005, 05:06 AM

I admit I had a lot of anti-zep sentiment when I was younger. Im the type that ends up hating ending anything that is thoroughly hyped, and I grew up with the music in my house and would get so sick of it when kids would rep it in high school.

Eventually once I invested in it though and started throwing on some of my parents old vinyl, I became thoroughly obsessed. They have a knack and talent for music that is just rarely seen by most artists.

I still cant stand "Rock And Roll" and some of the other more popular songs though.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I admit I had a lot of anti-zep sentiment when I was younger. Im the type that ends up hating ending anything that is thoroughly hyped, and I grew up with the music in my house and would get so sick of it when kids would rep it in high school.

Eventually once I invested in it though and started throwing on some of my parents old vinyl, I became thoroughly obsessed. They have a knack and talent for music that is just rarely seen by most artists.

I still cant stand "Rock And Roll" and some of the other more popular songs though.

[/ QUOTE ]

About the same for me. I didn't like them when I was in my late teens/early twenties. But the older I get, the more I contemplate buying their box set.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:17 AM

OP thank you for the vid link, it was awsome.

I [censored] feel 20 years younger.

Gods.

In other news, I read today Jimmy Page was honored by the Queen for his charitable work involving the underprivileged children of Brazil.