Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-27-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Re: 150/300 hand

[ QUOTE ]
Bob,

I would probably call a river raise. What hand does he smoothcall the turn with that raises the river? The play makes no sense and will be a bluff enough times to call IMO.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not Bob, but I would say JJ or TT might smoothcall the turn. Hero's bet looks like "I think you have AK and I have a pair, and I don't want you to get a free card." If villian interprets it this way, and he has JJ or TT, hero is drawing dead. He also probably knows that BK is capable of bet/folding a pair on the turn, and might wait with a set. I don't think this villian ever raises the river without a better hand.

lf
Old 11-27-2005, 07:56 PM

I didn't look at villains description when I made that post. Thanks for correcting me.

Against a normal, LAGy opponent I would expect it to be a bluff often enough to call b/c it is such an odd line. Against a tight/passive I agree a fold is best.

Surf
Old 11-27-2005, 08:02 PM

i bet/fold the river like most other people since ace-high is checking behind but probably calling a bet... why didn't you play the flop faster, though? i'm really curious, since i usually go apeshit on flops like that.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:08 PM

If I thought that that the villian was aggressive enough to bluff-raise the river, I would check/call. I don't think this hand is good enough often enough to warrant 2 big bets on the river.

lf
Old 11-27-2005, 07:21 PM

Versus that player, with your hand, I think your plan should be to cause more trouble on a flop that allows you to do so.

River - Guys like him will check behind with some hands that beat you, so checking the river is not terrible. But there are enough A-high hands that he could have that he might call with, so I would value bet, and fold to a raise.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:23 PM

Check call to induce a bluff. I don't think he's calling with anything you beat here.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:44 PM

This villian has an AF of 1.0 in short handed games. He's not betting anything hero beats here. If BK checks and the villian bets, its a clear fold.

He might, however, call w/ a whiffed A-high not believing hero donked a pair. If BK is putting one bet in on this river, it needs to be as the bettor.

lf
Old 11-27-2005, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This villian has an AF of 1.0 in short handed games. He's not betting anything hero beats here. If BK checks and the villian bets, its a clear fold.

He might, however, call w/ a whiffed A-high not believing hero donked a pair. If BK is putting one bet in on this river, it needs to be as the bettor.

lf

[/ QUOTE ]

Even 1 AFs find it hard not to bet a checked river with just with ace high when the obvious draws miss.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lf

[/ QUOTE ]

Even 1 AFs find it hard not to bet a checked river with just with ace high when the obvious draws miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't make sense. Why would villian bet A hi on river when its not for value and a weaker hand wouldn't call? lil feller is right. If BK is putting one bet in on this river, it needs to be as the bettor.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:35 PM

these two posts are just two reasons why you are not good.
dave