Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-16-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Aaron Kanter... did anyone else find it amusing?

He didn't just do it once against Raymer, he did AGAIN at the final table against Hachem, calling on the flop with Q9s with no semblance of a hand. Either he's thinking he can push him off a hand on a later street (a questionable play, given that Hachem played tight from what we saw at the final table, and was representing a solid hand), or he's consistently peeling one off. You could almost picture the little donkey lightbulb going off in his head every time he picked up a draw on the turn. ALL IN!!!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 11:22 AM

my friend brought up a good point. this is a lonnnnnnnnng tournament. over the course of such a long tournament, with so many entrants, some of the entrants are just going to run insanely well.

in other words, they get people to fold when they want them to, they get calls when they want them, all their semibluffs either work to get someone to fold, or they get called and slam it!

the guy that makes it to the final table by playing this way and running well feels like a champion. he feels like he's walking on water and can do no wrong.. so whenever he picks up a draw on the turn, he wants to just push it hard because that's what he's been doing, and it has worked throughout the tournament.

how else do you explain that donkey K5 all in on the 4th bet? he is just so used to that kind of play, you can tell he doesn't even know what to do, besides move all in.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:27 AM

I actually like his play against Hachem because Hachem bet into the PF raiser... which is usually a little tester bet from most people. Kanter probably could have taken the pot no matter what the turn card was. Then again, we know what both hands were.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That the player who kept putting all his chips in with the worst hand and getting lucky was the only guy there wearing a Party Poker shirt?

Every time he made a move in the hand I could hear that Party Poker commercial music, the one with the whistling and the "bo doo boo booo da ba ba ba"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is quite funny.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:45 PM

I'm sure he found it amusing, didn't they pay him a couple million just for wearing that T-Shirt at the final table?