Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 10-07-2005, 01:24 AM

Default Re: Texas vs. Oklahoma

[ QUOTE ]
Past several years vs. OU when we had the great WR Roy Williams, we did nothing put quick 5 yard slant passes, where OU's Secondary and LB would swarm around, and our guy wouldn't make many YAC.

[/ QUOTE ]

OU linebacker Teddy Lehman scored more career TD's in the RRS than Texas receiver Roy Williams did. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2005, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if you think about it the only team that has given UT any trouble has been ohio state and this is b/c if you have athletic/fast linebackers to act as spy's then you can shut down the option left/option right that they are going to run every play. middle of the field and up front hasn't been where OU has had their problems, they have been beaten by the deep ball (which we all know vince can't throw) and turnovers. so i think if OU can protect the ball it will be close for 3 quarters but then the more talented, athletic, and experienced team will pull away in the 4th.

[/ QUOTE ]

OU's linebackers may not tackle but they have shown the ability to knock people out cold. If Vince turns a corner and meets Alexander...hope UT has a servicable replacement.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:06 PM

blah blah blah......
Old 10-07-2005, 07:44 PM

Peterson re-injured his ankle in practice today and is OUT according to Sooner Fans.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Past several years vs. OU when we had the great WR Roy Williams, we did nothing put quick 5 yard slant passes, where OU's Secondary and LB would swarm around, and our guy wouldn't make many YAC.

[/ QUOTE ]

OU linebacker Teddy Lehman scored more career TD's in the RRS than Texas receiver Roy Williams did. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Touchdowns: A meaningless statistic.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
middle of the field and up front hasn't been where OU has had their problems, they have been beaten by the deep ball

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, I am only one of the biggest TCU fans on the planet, but if I'm wrong then refresh my memory...exactly what deep ball did TCU throw to beat OU? In fact, based on my recollection, TCU beat OU by running quick hitter, middle-of-the field throws, by running swing/screen passes, by running a certain amount of good options, and by exploiting their ludicrous weakness at QB. I can't see where OU can do ANYTHING about those problems.

I HOPE OU wins because it would lend more credibility to TCU's beating of OU. But I BELIEVE that Texas will thoroughly crush them.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not this year. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt Nordgren is going to start? I've got to get down on OU +14 before the line drops!

[/ QUOTE ]
No, but he'll probably be in midway through the 3rd, and not because Vince is injured. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the past two Red River Shootouts, Texas has scored a combined total of 13 points. I would be more concerned if I could actually score in this game before I started talking about blowing somebody out.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:26 AM

Are you saying that there's a better chance of Texas being shut out than blowing out OU?
Old 10-08-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying that there's a better chance of Texas being shut out than blowing out OU?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:15 PM

ABC just lost it's visual feed!