Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2005, 06:15 AM

Default Lost my job today...

As a few of you know, about 3 weeks ago I started a job selling Toyotas at a local dealership. I was brand new at the job...I was the definition of a greenpea. I'd never even sold a thing in my life. But, they were willing to train me. I was assigned to another salesman to train under, while also working with the general sales manager to get my skills up. It sounded like a pretty sweet deal.

So as it turns out, "training" meant 1 week of crappy training from the other salesman (the sales manager even admitted this), and then another 2 weeks of me floundering around without any sort of guidance. I had to figure out techniques, paperwork, etc. all on my own. A few times I got chewed out for not having my paperwork squared away, but hey, I didn't have a single person run through it with me.

Today as I was walking the lot, the general sales manager pulled up next to me in a golf cart and asked me to go for a ride. I definitely knew something was up. He basically laid out two options for me:

1. I could quit.
2. I could leave the Toyota store and go work for Hyundai right next door.

His reasoning? He didn't think I was picking up skills fast enough (duh...pretty tough to do without any sort of training), and he just didn't have the time to train me himself, which is contrary to the original agreement. So, now I'm being let go from the Toyota store because why? I'm inexperienced? Uhh yeah, they knew that from day one.

So, I'm really at a loss here. I'm very much considering going and talking to the general manager of the place tomorrow and talking to him about this situation. I don't think it's fair that I'm being let go because the dealership isn't holding up their end of the deal. On the other hand, I DO have a job with the Hyundai dealership if I want it, but considering it's owned by the same people that own the Toyota store, I'm not sure if I want to deal with any more potential stupidity. I'm very much considering turning in my key and looking for a new job. Ugh.