Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 07-13-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Re: SNG\'s vs cash games - advice sought (long)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find that if you really want to get better at poker and want to play cash games, you should try 6-max (as long as you stomach the swings). Your pre-flop game from playing SNGs should be very advanced and your post-flop game would probably be weaker than someone who has been playing cash games for a year...so it would be a good place to start and get your ass kicked and learn a few things.

That being said, NL25 is snugglebear soft and is always good for money...but I doubt you will learn much from that.

So it depends...if you want to learn more and improve your cash game and SNG game, play 6-max (reads are vital whereas you can get away with just playing your cards in a 10-max NL25)...I guarantee you this will improve your SNG game. If you juts want the cash, I guess NL25 or 50 would be good...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really good advice, in my opinion. I concur.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Irie:

In my first reading of gildwulf's post, I assumed he was talking about 6-max NL. Later in the thread he clarifies that he means 6-max limit. Does your comment above also endorse limit, or do you think that 6-max NL would be a better form for improving SnG skills?

Thanks.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: SNG\'s vs cash games - advice sought (long)

How to be a 6-max NL LAG:
Link

I should charge for linking that. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]