Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Old 07-11-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: why can\'t i stop cheating on my girlfriend!!

[ QUOTE ]
descride a sex addict. i can travel the wtp for weeks w/out sex. never paid for a hooker in my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know that what you're doing is wrong but you continue to do it anyways. You know that what your doing would devastate your girlfriend but you do it anyways. You're posting here which, to me, implies that either you wish you didn't do it or feel remorseful about it but you continue to do it anyways. I'm not saying you're a sex addict I'm just saying it's possibility. Any behaviour that is self destructive, destructive to others and which you don't seem to have any control over may be an indication of addictive behaviour.
If it's isn't sex addiction then frankly I would say you're fairly immature and show narcissistic tendencies.
A friend of mine once told me "You are defined by your actions, not your thoughts or your feelings. If you lie you're a liar. If you steal you're a thief. If you cheat you're a cheater."
I don't know you or your girlfriend but your actions speak very loudly.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you still sleeping with the girlfriend? Sex addicts have issue with being intimate with the people that they love. Probably better to either seek professional help or shack up with someone that you don't love. Doesn't make you an azzhole, just mentally ill..

-blazman

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once she finally wises up and dumps you you'll be begging her for another chance. We guys have a tendency to take a good thing for granted until it's gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truer words were never spoken
Old 07-11-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to tell her, so she can decide.

[/ QUOTE ]

BWHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!! stops for a sec...then BWHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!

Lawrence
Old 07-12-2005, 01:58 AM

You probably suffer from the same problem many people do: self-delusion.

Take a critical and searching look at your life, and decide henceforth to be honest with yourself, and honesty towards others will follow. It's a hard road, and you probably won't like the things you learn about yourself, but it's worth it in the long run.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:27 AM

I don't say this to troll or to be mean, but it has to be said:

Because you're a dick. You claim to love her, yet you cheat on her. I don't care how attracted you may be attracted to these other women or how horny you get. No one can control their feelings, but you can control how you act on these feelings. I grow weary of every personal failing being blamed on a mental illness. "My kid is such a pain in the butt! He just runs around all day!" "It must be ADHD. Give him Ritalin. Next." "I got arrested for shoplifting." "Cleptomaniac. Take this pill. Next." "I cheat on my girlfriend all the time." "Sex addict. Not your fault. Next."

Bullshit. You're cheating on her, you're an [censored]. Either end the cheating or the relationship. The end.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Final thought: Before the advent of modern technology, medicine, etc. It was important (to the survival of our species) for a man to spread his seed... as often and as quickly as possible. This is no longer the case, but premature ejaculation- for survival, persists.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP