Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Pedal to the metal with trips...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

UTG is somewhat loose-aggressive, MP2 is LAGgy, and the SB is a calling station. The villain on the button is pretty much a retard who is 75/10 preflop. His post-flop AG numbers are worthless, as I've seen him make idiotic, passive plays like calling with AJo after one limper and then check-calling down TP in a multipot when nobody had raised preflop. Yet I've also seen him make idiotic, aggressive floater moves, such as raising a rag flop with zilch against a preflop raiser, or raising a black T99 flop with red Q8 when second to act in a six way pot.

Preflop: chesspain is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, chesspain checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, chesspain checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, chesspain calls, UTG folds, MP2 folds.

The majority of time I will bet the flop with trips, but given the fairly safe nature of the board and the aggressive tendencies of the others, I wanted to check and see what would develop.

Turn: (3.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
chesspain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain caps</font>, Button calls.

River: (11.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">chesspain bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, chesspain calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB