Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 04-19-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: The piece of sh*t didn\'t get enough of a beating if you ask me...

[ QUOTE ]
Well hopefully those who beat him will be put into jail as well

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to admit that I am quite surprised that everyone seems to feel this way. Personally, I feel like the dude got off pretty easy with just a beating.

I think that if some dude shot my partner of 27 years that he wouldn't be around long enough to tell his side of the story. Then again, I'll never be in that position, so I really don't know.

I'm impressed at the restraint shown by all the people that would just arrest the guy and throw him in jail. Of course, I have my doubts that it would really go that way if you were in that position, but that is the correct stance to take I suppose.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well hopefully those who beat him will be put into jail as well

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to admit that I am quite surprised that everyone seems to feel this way. Personally, I feel like the dude got off pretty easy with just a beating.

I think that if some dude shot my partner of 27 years that he wouldn't be around long enough to tell his side of the story. Then again, I'll never be in that position, so I really don't know.

I'm impressed at the restraint shown by all the people that would just arrest the guy and throw him in jail. Of course, I have my doubts that it would really go that way if you were in that position, but that is the correct stance to take I suppose.

[/ QUOTE ]

America was founded on seperation of powers and there is a very good reason why. Alobar is right, if they beat him, they should be punished. They should get off lightly, but they should still be punished. And not all cops are heros. Some of them are, but some of them are in that job because of the power rush and they abuse it. A true hero wouldn't abuse that power, and if he lost control, he would understand when he got slapped on the wrist.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Authorities said Allen, 50, was shot Sunday in a conference room while he questioned Carpio about his possible involvement in the stabbing of an 84-year-old woman, who is expected to recover. Carpio was not under arrest at the time and had been taken out of handcuffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow this guy might be the worlds biggest dumbass. He isn't even under arrest and he kills a police officer in headquarters....yeah....like he would get away with that.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'll let others elaborate...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Police have said he injured his leg, arm and head when he jumped from a third-floor window at the police building.

[/ QUOTE ]

God damn... looks like he landed on his eyes.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:22 AM

I only skimmed the story, but it doesnt matter if he killed one cop, or 20, if they beat him for no other reasont than this, then they deserve to be punished as well.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:24 AM

Location: They call Los Angeles the City of Angels. I didn\'t find it to be that exactly, but I\'ll allow as there are some nice folks there.

[ QUOTE ]
I only skimmed the story, but it doesnt matter if he killed one cop, or 20, if they beat him for no other reasont than this, then they deserve to be punished as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. Sounds like he may have been difficult to restrain.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:22 AM

if someone shot your buddy ande you ahd a chance to kick his ass would you?
Old 04-19-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if someone shot your buddy ande you ahd a chance to kick his ass would you?

[/ QUOTE ]

No (I hope). I'm not sacrificing my job for the rest of life (I'm a lawyer, so assault probably = disbarment) and my freedom (because I'd got to jail) for a few minutes of vengeance.

EDIT: Nothing is accomplished by beating the [censored] out of the guy who killed your best friend. Your friend is still dead.

EDIT2: I think a felony assault conviction would make a lot of people effectively unhireable.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT2: I think a felony assault conviction would make a lot of people effectively unhireable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry - no jury in the WORLD would convict you of a damn thing if that were the case.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:25 PM

i would just like to add that this type of insane aggression in the face of an overwhelming police presence makes me a little bit uneasy, like the guy who killed the judge in his trial, and then went on a grand theft auto killing spree in georgia, or not 10 miles away from me some psycho crept up on a cop at a gas station and sprayed his brains all over the place FOR NO REASON at all. psychos are getting more bold everyday, its a little worriesome :I

also worth noting is the guy who killed the cop in the next town over from mine got the death penalty i believe, which certainly was aided by the fact the cops didnt beat the [censored] out of him when they found him