Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 04-05-2005, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Worst Site Ever

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to meet the freakin' idiot who made this website so I could rip out his eyeballs so he never plays poker again. What the hell is he trying to do? I guess he wants people to play better against him, god what a dumbass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see how is looks like I am being sarcastic here. I'm not. No one will fall for this guy's strategy. What will happen though is losing players will decide not to play poker anymore because some people are such assholes. Or they may decide to play a lot tighter. This is bad for the sharks. That's why I am so pissed at the guy who made this site.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You sir, are the reason why I haven't succeeded yet. If I had a dude one on one, I'm sure I could get him to fold KK since it gets cracked every single time. I suggest you shape up, as your antequated high card methodologies are outdated and unnecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, WHATEVA
Old 04-06-2005, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I really cannot understand how some of you think this is not a Joke..the advice is awful

[/ QUOTE ]

There is absolutely no way the site is a joke and I can't understand how you would think that the advice is awful. No offense, but maybe it is too advanced for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

sarcasitic?
Old 04-06-2005, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sarcasitic?

[/ QUOTE ]
mayblene?
Old 04-06-2005, 09:34 AM

This stuff is gold. "Chuck em in the Muck - then they lose, right!"

Heres My Fav Live Game Tips:

Get drunk it goes quicker

Chuck n Muck rule...If someones hand goes in the muck they lose right...so if some PUNK is winning CHUNK HIS HAND IN THE MUCK this way you win..

Splash the pot with less chips than the call, this saves money when you lose the hand, allthough with the Chuck n Muck rule you should never lose..

Pick fights with people, they are not going to call if you threaten to curb them outside..

Never Show your cards...if the best hand is a flush, just say you have the flush, most people dont even check they just cry..
Old 04-06-2005, 09:58 AM

sarcasitic?

It definitely sounds like he's come down with a case of sarcastitis.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:01 AM

TryingHard, give your head a shake man! First of all, why are you listening to some pissed off fish online? Second of all, why are you angry at this website that anyone can see is a joke? If anything you should refer other people to this site and hope that they listen to the advice. I know I will [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2005, 10:24 AM

Dude, you need to get your humor meter fixed. This site is pure lampoon, and if the guy had just a smidgen of grammar understanding, it'd be a great site. As it is, it's not bad. My favorite:
"If you cant spot the idiot at the table in the first 5 minutes then start making fun of someone, make someone feel like the idiot"

That one's good online or off!
Old 04-06-2005, 10:43 AM

I'm sick of talking about this site, it sucks end of topic...
Old 04-06-2005, 10:50 AM

I know I'm going to get grief for this, but I would like to ask for people (whether you disagree or not) to consider and discuss the possible benefits from what I'm advocating:

I think we should promote the advancement of the knowledge of the game to a certain extent (off table, such as 2+2), and never purposefully mislead (it's deceiving people to take advantage of their weakness). I think I am at this point not completely consistent in this regard because when someone sucks out on me, I do say, "NH" to implicitly encourage them that it was a good play--maybe I should stop that, but I think saying "NH" when you lose is good, anyway (helps me not lose my temper and is courteous). My point is that if all I ever am is a guy who takes money from fish, I consider myself a coward. I wouldn't be playing poker if I didn't think I could eventually take money from thinking TAGs. The reason I can sit down with fish and clean up now with a pure conscience is because until I am a winning middle limit player, I don't know (for myself) if I am a fish (compared to REAL players)--I don't really think of myself as much better than guys who chase with bad odds. Maybe that will change over time.

One of the better 2.2ers who 8 tables 15/30 and is a proven winner told me that at his level, often the table is full of TAGs, but ones that don't play especially well post flop, and others that play great post flop but have weakness PF. I want to beat THOSE guys, you know? I want to beat winning players, not fish that any 1/2 player can beat. What does that prove?

In the diamond business, I think withholding information is necessary. I can't sell to another dealer if I expose to him my source--then he can cut me out and buy cheaper himself directly from my dealer. But at the same time, I think it's dishonest and unethical to point that dealer in the direction of more expensive sources just so that I can profit more off of him. It's bad for business in the long run, and it's deceiving.

I think that to the extent that poker is a business for many here, I understand not telling all the fish to go to 2+2 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. But at the same time, I think it's much more honorable to abstain from misleading people. Feels too much like a scam. And in promoting better play overall, we ourselves will become much better.

I'm just voicing some thoughts--don't slam me into the ground too much for this, but I would like to hear people's thoughts. And sorry if this is getting off on a tangent.

M