Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2005, 05:50 AM

Default % trade deal reneged

This is a weird post, but I really would appreciate everyone's input. I don't want to reveal their name, but a member of this board and I chat on AIM regularly about poker and whatnot--just shoot the [censored], we sweat touraments with each other, talk strategy, etc.

We recently made a deal for a tournament. I wanted to ease the burden of buying into a million events that week since my bankroll was in bad shape, so I asked if he wanted a piece of any of my action in the $11 rebuy on stars I was entering. He agreed to buy just $11 worth which was okay with me, but he didn't have cash on stars. So I traded him 14% ($11 worth of my total expenses in the rebuy event) of me in that event for 1/10th of a % ($11 worth of him) of his action in the WSOP as he just won a seat.

I won the event and sent him $892, which was 14% of my win. After a few weeks he's decided he is probably going to sit out of the WSOP and since the site allows you to get $10,000 instead of the seat, he's exercising that option (or he might be selling it for all i know).

As a result I feel I should be given my $892 back. He wants to give me $11 back for what he technically bought 14% of my action with and keep the $892.

Before anyone says "he's full of **** you should know better kick his ass," for one he's not (and I am not) experienced in this arena. I have very little experience with backing. I am currently receiving some backing in tournaments on Party and Stars, but I don't know all the ins and outs of % trades, prop betting and side betting and whatnot. So, some of this stuff is all new to me.

The same could be said for him, and I understand why he is confused--I am too, but so far everyone I've talked to says i am right and he is out of line. So, I decided to post this here, hope to elicit some responses so he can see that he is wrong and will give me my money if he withdraws from the deal and from the WSOP.

Thanks in advance for anyone who posts their 2 cents.