Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-28-2004, 08:20 PM

Default Re: LCD vs. CRT

I LOVE MY CRT'S!

I will never buy an LCD, my mom and my sister both have them, and I think the picture quality sucks compared to CRT's.

You can get a 21" Sony Trinitron Flat Screen CRT (off brand) off pricewatch.com for $235 to your door, It will do 2048x1536 and you can 9 table on it with VERY lil overlap.

Refresh rate can be an issue. Highest isn't always the best. Depending on the wavelength of your ambient light the best solution is to play with it until the flicker goes away. ALSO EM and RF around your CRT can cause it to flicker, try moving it to the other corner of your desk is another trick I used to use when I was installing over 100/wk for 2 yrs (AFB)

Comparing a TV (even an HDTV) to an LCD and then saying CRT's suck is apples and oranges. CRT MONITORS can display MUCH more resolution than the DVD standard produces. (I'm not sure how LCD's #'s compare here, but I DO know my CRT looks better than ANY LCD I've seen)

If you are going to compare desktop space per $$ spent. I can buy 2 Trinitron Flat Screen CRT's for what your Dell LCD costs and have $100 left over for a dual head video card.

Just my opinion! I suggest your own side by side test and then decide.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:50 PM

maurile, the coupons expire on jan 5 so you should decide on your computer fairly soon. if you have already purchased it, but it hasn't shipped, you can always call Dell and have them remove the monitor from your order.

let me know how much you are spending on your computer (with and without the Dell 2001FP) and I'll see what extra Dellf coupons I have that might help you. Since you are buying a system, it might be cheaper to get the monitor with it since you can get a nice large dollars off coupon on the system. In any case, there are also frequently dollars off coupons floating around every few days (but are limited to a specific number of uses) so you that will give you $30-$40 more of savings when you buy the computer.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:54 PM

if you are buying a Dell Dimension that costs $1499 or more, i can give you a 25% off coupon ($374.75 off $1499, even better if you are spending more).
Old 12-28-2004, 11:42 PM

Thanks Muisyle and phuc! I was able to get a 25% off coupon through Dellf. (Not directly.)
Old 01-18-2005, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dell 2001FP 20.1-inch LCD monitor

[/ QUOTE ]
It came yesterday and I'm already in love with it. I four-tabled with no overlap for the first time last night. That's enough by itself, but the picture quality (images and movies) is much better than I was expecting as well. I'm extremely happy with and excited about this purchase.