Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2004, 11:38 PM

Default Give Arieh a Break

I know I'm in the minority here, but it looked like most of his questionable comments (not all, of course) were not even directed at the other players. He didn't really rub it in to the players who, frankly, were making suspicious calls (except the Demetriou hand, where he admittedly got a bit out-of-line). I took most of his comments to be incredulous outbursts that his opponents were playing in the way they did. For example, I couldn't believe Dean called with those jacks, and apparently neither could Arieh. He didn't berate the guy, he basically just said "what the hell is he doing calling with jacks?!" to himself or a rail-bird friend; but the mics picked it up.

Some people were making some awfully suspect calls from what espn showed on tv. I would have said the same things as Arieh did in most of his situations. Actually, I would have cursed a lot more. I wouldn't berate an opponent, but would have expressed my frustration in a similar way.

Luckily, I don't have a mic on me when I'm playing.