Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 10-30-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Some perspective on dealers

[ QUOTE ]
As with any other profession you get waht you pay for, if poker delaersmake $35k you will attreact peopel that couldn't do better than that in other jobs, if poker delaers make $70k you attract a lot more talented dealers.

[/ QUOTE ]

This line from Randy is paramount. Especially for floorpeople I also believe this line is key to the overall successfulness of any employer over the long haul. Any employer need to ask themselves "how can we attract the best talent to be successsful".
Old 10-30-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Dealers most hated and stiff report

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, and as far as waiting tables goes, for every table, I pay a percentage to bartenders, hosts, and busboys. So when you dont tip, you actually cost me money.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there were no tip system at all, you would not have to share it, since there would be nothing to share. And you can't be a smart person, if you pay the others by percentage, and less people tip, you will pay the others less, and it will not "cost" you anything.

If you do not get paid enough at your job it is not the customers problem. It is yours.

I said it before, tipping is bullsh*t!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the second retarded post you've made. If the tipping system were not in effect, then we'd just end up paying more for all of these services. It's simple economics.