Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 11-26-2005, 01:20 AM

Default Re: Confused about my results.

The reviews I'm referring to are for the micro-limits, though they often include 1-2 and even 2-4, but I've also played 1-2 at my regular site and nothing seems to change. I just haven't ventured regularly inot those limits because I don't have the bankroll for it yet.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Confused about my results.

[ QUOTE ]
Two explanations, in decending order of liklihood: (1) variance. It takes a startlingly large number of hands for your observed winrate to converge with your true winrate. I suspect that this is particuarly true for games like .25/.50, which are typically loose and wild, generating larger variance (but hopefully a higher win rate in the long run) than tighter games. (2) If your "regular" site is tigher than the sites where you have whored bonuses, you are not adjusting your game for the loosness of the other sites (or vice versa). TPTK hads go down in value in multi-way action, for example, while drawing hands go up.

Get poker tracker, it will give you a much better sense of your play, win rate, variance, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm getting poker tracker soon. My regular site actually seems looser to me, at least at the limits I play, than the other sites, although again for some reason the reviews don't seem to reflect that.