Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 11-22-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Re: New book about Osama and his \"philosophy\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
EVERY Muslim should be killed now, before it is too late. There is a great and tragic religious war on the horizon and it will pit advanced scientific based western nations against islam which is bent on destroying them and making us all party like it was 1599 again. Islam and muslims are bad news all the way, they need to be educated and rid themslelves of their silly superstitions or if they can't do that we should kill every last one of them and send them to thier make believe 'heaven' so they can have sex with 37 virgins - which is what muslim men do in their heaven.

What do muslim women do in heaven? Just the dishes or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read a lot of dumb posts. This ranks high. (it also reeks)

[/ QUOTE ]

All muslims should die.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why is philosophy in quotations? do you not believe that this is actually his philosophy?

[/ QUOTE ]
I enclosed philosophy because I do believe he considers his comments and writings to be a philosophy. However, his definition of the word differs considerably from mine.

I don't consider the man to be a philosopher. If he were, I believe he'd be debating his beliefs with the Imams.

He's a fanatic who believes he understands the teachings of Mohammed as no one else can. He's the guy on the parade field with 5,000 other guys who thinks he's the only one in step. Everyone else is wrong.

A thinking person does not do, have done, or condone acts of terrorism. His actions, and those of his followers, are not those of freedom fighters. They are evil acts by evil people, not philosophers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats an interesting "philosophy" you've got there...

rj
Old 11-22-2005, 11:56 PM

So philosophy is that which YOU think is "good?"

Great, real portable!

By the way, this is an interesting book, of which I am yet to read the entire document. To any other readers of Arabic (I am certain I am 100% alone on this board, OBL writes in very sophisticated, charmingly anachronistic, pun-laden prose. Worth checking out the originals).
Old 11-23-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a religious war, first and foremost, promulgated by extreme fanatics. Their supreme goal is nothing less than forcibly converting every nation on Earth to their brand of Islam and bringing all of humanity to bow under rigid Islamic law, starting with the Middle East and spreading outwards, after they have re-established the Caliphate. Nothing short of death will dissuade these fanatics from prosecuting this undertaking to the fullest extent that their powers may allow.

The Greater Jihadists are not foes that may be reasoned or negotiated with. Now that bin-Laden's words have been collected and painstakingly transcribed, hopefully more will come to realize the essential nature of this foe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would feel much more at ease about the War on Terror and our prospects for success if every American understood and appreciated the grave threat we face as well as you do.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would feel much more at ease about the War on Terror and our prospects for success if every American understood and appreciated the grave threat we face as well as you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be terrified to live in a world where anymore people already speak in these hopelessly limited and limiting terms. Scratch that, I'm already terrified. War on Terror? Okay...
Old 11-23-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Thats an interesting "philosophy" you've got there..

[/ QUOTE ]

It pleases me that you're pleased.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, this is an interesting book, of which I am yet to read the entire document. To any other readers of Arabic (I am certain I am 100% alone on this board, OBL writes in very sophisticated, charmingly anachronistic, pun-laden prose. Worth checking out the originals).

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you agree with his "philosophy? What is it that you find so "charming?" I'd truly love to hear.

And yes, you probably the only person on this board who reads Arabic. So what? You want a plaque? Maybe the mods will deign considering a special title under your s/n. Would that please you?
Old 11-23-2005, 12:39 AM

If you can read the sentence, you will find out that I find the prose "charming." I'd oblige you a dictionary definition of "prose" and "charming," but I don't want to come off as condescending.

Having actually read (some) of the texts mentioned, I am far more qualified to discuss their literary, and "philosophical," merits than you. I agree with essentially nothing that I read, but the prose is quite sophisticated, charmingly anarchronistic, and laden with puns. The sort of reductive "evil" branding and broad strokes you employ, however, has not even its "artistic" merits to fall back upon. Instead its a pernicious American atavism, harkening back to a mythic time of moral clarity and simple solutions.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:43 AM

<ul type="square"> <font color="white"> ....................</font>[/list]

<font color="white"> .. </font>
Old 11-23-2005, 12:53 AM

My eleven year old sister could see that...