Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-17-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Its my turn......

Why check the turn? To c/r a late position flop capper and face BB and UTG with 2 bets cold?

Just bet and raise the turn. Given how you played it, I like cold call-capping it, because that's sexy.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:14 PM

Your turn action, given you checked, is fine (the smooth call-cap) but the first check doesn't make sense to me.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:15 PM

omg bet the [censored] turn.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
omg bet the [censored] turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh.... just re-read the action. I'm fairly sure that the flop is wrong, I'm surprised we (yes, two of us checked it before I posted it, we suck) didn't catch it. Running off to a biz meeting, will post a correction later. Thats what happens when you post hands while at work [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2005, 03:22 PM

No, the flop is correct.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ugh.... just re-read the action. I'm fairly sure that the flop is wrong, I'm surprised we (yes, two of us checked it before I posted it, we suck) didn't catch it. Running off to a biz meeting, will post a correction later. Thats what happens when you post hands while at work [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I have the action right this time. It was BB who raised, not UTG on the flop, and I didn't 3-bet the flop, it was the button (thanks Chuck for verifying this). Sorry for the confusion earlier, a small change really makes a huge difference.

[ QUOTE ]
UTG, MP, CO & Button limp, I raise, BB calls, all call – 6 players to the flop for 12sb.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, BB raises, UTG calls, MP Calls CO calls, Button raises, I call, BB calls, UTG calls, MP folds, CO caps, Button calls, I call, BB calls, UTG calls – a huge pot of 16.5bb

Turn is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, BB checks, UTG checks, CO bets, Button raises, I smooth call, BB calls, UTG folds, CO 3-bets, Button calls, I cap

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking for comments on Flop & Turn.

1) Call of 3-bet out of position on flop

2) Turn check (makes a bit more sense now that I have the correct action, but there is a lot to be said for betting out as well)

3) Turn smooth call

4) The turn cap

Old 11-18-2005, 12:15 AM

TT, I think that capping the flop *might* work here. You have enough players in there to do it I think.

turn, I still don't like the smooth call/cap line, it just screams nuts really loud, but, it works a lot better with the action as is, it keeps the players in drawing dead for the most part(unless of course if someone has a set)

I think that with all of the flop cold callers that you can definetly work in a flop cap, that way you can lead a spade turn and just start pumpingon both the turn and river
Old 11-17-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
omg change your [censored] username .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 11-17-2005, 03:22 PM

Sometimes playing your hand in a straight forward manner is the most deceptive. By which I mean, you should put in a bet or a raise at every opportunity on the turn. I don't see any benefit to smooth calling the turn.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes playing your hand in a straight forward manner is the most deceptive. By which I mean, you should put in a bet or a raise at every opportunity on the turn. I don't see any benefit to smooth calling the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I was involved in this hand and with a pot this size I would and did expect TT to play his hand straight. I think his turn play is less than ideal, but it did have the effect of making me misread his hand completely and led to my giving more action than I should have. I think this is more of a happy accident than anything else though, and I think he should have simply bet the turn.