Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-10-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: (11s and 22s) Heads up Play

Sample Size also makes a difference here. I'm assuming it's big enough.

Just sounds like you're a tighty whitey. Next time you are HU and both players are relatively SS'ed, just push every SB, call a push if you have a decent hand. You should improve lots doing this rather than folding to a SS.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You have to make pushes to pick these up. Maybe not necessarily every hand, but pretty damn close.

[/ QUOTE ]

How close? Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, every hand you're the small blind. If the stacks are really close to even and you're holding something like 32 and you've been pushing every hand for a while, maybe you fold. If there's any real chance of the other guy folding you have to push.

Example: If you fold a SB, fold your BB to a push from your opponent, and fold another SB, you've lost 1200 chips at 300/600 blinds. This is a lot to lose without confrontation. So maybe you can fold really bad hands from the SB in certain situations, but your rule of thumb should be to push if there's any reasonable chance of him folding.

-SonnyJay
Old 11-10-2005, 03:30 PM

thanks for the advice.
i think that i tend to play aggressively when first to act, but when im the BB i'll fold to SB raises when im looking at cards such as Jx or 10x.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:50 PM

In that situation lots of times he is just looking for a steal, if the blinds are not destroying you, say they're still at 2/4, what you can do to couteract this is just call his raise and then bet out on the flop, the flop isn't going to hit him that often, and you're betting into the pf raiser, I notice that this gets a lot of credit in the 11s and 22s, so you take down some extra chips, I really only try this if we're close to even stacks or I have a good chiplead but he isn't too shortstacked.