Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2005, 04:11 AM

Default Gigabet\'s Dilemma vs Pushbotting : Worth it?

K, I've just finished reading Gigabet's Theory of Stack Sizes (the post concerning the Q3 hand, http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1 )
and I think I grasp what he's saying: When you have a stack that is only a decent portion above the average mark, and not yet big enough to dominate the table, it is worth it to take small-sized -EV gambles to try and reach a big enough stack to dominate.

I understand this completely, but it has me wondering: At level 4, in the general Pushbot-style play (at PP), if your stack is around 1250-1800, you're ahead of average, maybe even chipleader, but not yet at a position of dominance. GIVEN that you believe yourself the better player at the table, is it worth it to put Gigabet's Stack Size theory into play?

I can see one objection being that if you're multi-tabling you cant take the time to make these decisions, but I think that after time they could become second nature. However, given the rate of blind increase and the general nature of PP SNGs/PS turbos, is it worth it?

If so, at what level of buy-in (or does it matter).

Im still semi-not sober, so I hope this isnt just pointless rambling.

Thanks for listening.