Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 10-30-2005, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Donk-Farm\'in

[ QUOTE ]
Also check pokerroom's EV stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it good reference? I though it was based on player's stats, obviously not giving correct results for TAGs.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:13 AM

No, it's a terrible reference.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also check pokerroom's EV stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it good reference? I though it was based on player's stats, obviously not giving correct results for TAGs.

[/ QUOTE ]
You will have to apply some logic to the numbers. Pokerroom's total EV stats are for an average of all players in an average of all positions.

Considering that the "average" player is much worse than us, inflate those numbers a little. Hands that are close to break even get inflated by about 0.03-0.05 bb/hand. Then factor in your position at the table. Bigger winners like AKo will be inflated more. Like their number is somewhere around 0.50 bb/hand for AKo and we make about 0.8 bb/hand with it. Obviously, if AKo is worth 0.8 bb/hand from average positions, it has to be somewhere around 0.9-1.0 from the button and 0.6-0.7 from UTG.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, it's a great referrence because of the sample size. Don't take the numbers at face value.

See my last reply before this.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:28 AM

I don't play this loose preflop, I might make this flop play like 5% of the time and usually it's because it's one of those lags that will make lots of flop leads but doesn't 3-bet or CR the turn with most of garbage they are holding when they make this play. Basically I'm looking at it from 2 angles, if I get them to fold that's ok they had air but I didn't give them a chance to fold me off the best hand or if they're on a draw yay I charge them. If they call me down and show down a pair or some made hand well I still give them a clear message "don't [censored] with me i'm as stupid and slightly crazier than you".

I like it in moderation, and I doubt it's much more than marginally +EV with the factors I mention above, mostly image reasons. Against your really agro LAG spastics I think it's just a spew, cause you can't showdown with out investing another BB in every street. Obviously i'm saying I check behind on the river, obviously unimproved i'd say that's a given.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, it's a great referrence because of the sample size. Don't take the numbers at face value.

See my last reply before this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't have disagreed more with your EV analysis in your Q9s hand, and I give no credence whatsoever to pokerroom's stats. They hold no water when comparing them against the specific opponents you're facing, their hand ranges, and the quality/looseness of the rest of the field, along with their postflop intelligence. I don't really care what their sample size is.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:31 AM

OK, fair enough.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:37 AM

I mean that sounded a bit harsh and I didn't mean it to sound such. For example, I can isolate and be profitable with K7o at 5/10 against a 70/5, but there's no way I could do the same at any 3/6 table.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:41 AM

That's just one of the adjustments TAGs make to bring them more money than other players. Doesn't mean that it's unaccounted for. It reflects in the difference between pokerroom's stats and ours.