Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 10-29-2005, 03:23 AM

Default Re: MTT Forum Census

-What percentage of your money is dedicated to poker?
Not much. I deposited $100 into Pokerstars a month or 2 ago. I was playing microlimits profitably enough to fund my micro buy-in ($1-$3) mtts. I recently switched to turbo sngs and doubled my roll. I still play the micro-mtts though.

-How often do you cash out? What's your procedure for it?
I just cashed out $100 back to my neteller account, and am now playing with profit. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I am probably going to cash out in $100 blocks until Stars makes their next reload bonus availible.

-Do you have a set goal amount of MTT's to play a week?
nope

-How much gamb00l do you have?
I don't gamble. other than poker. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

-Where were you a year ago with MTT's?
playing donk poker with friends, and the playmoney sng/mtts tables on Party. ie: i was nowhere with mtt's.

-Where are you now?
I started playing online poker for real money about a month ago on stars. I'm just building a BR first. Regardless, I am pretty bad at mtts.

-Where do you want to be a year from now?
Some significant cashes and a tourney win or two would be cool.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some general questions, feel free to answer:

-Where are you now?

[/ QUOTE ]

a) Not much when I started, but am starting to have some meaningful (for me) money in my account.

b) Never thus far.

c) Just started MTTs. Not setting any goals yet.

d) Quite a bit. I probably need to tone down some of the crazy bluffing.

e) What's an MTT?

f) Just started really, made my first FT yesterday, had a lot of fun [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

g) Hope to not suck giant monkey balls.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-Where are you now?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Not quite sure what you're asking. I keep about 100x my avg buy in around, but if I have to rebuy I will.

2) I cash out probably about once a month, or whenever I get significantly over my standard BR. I usually cash out through neteller to my bank acct.

3) Not really. I try and play the supers on Party most nights as well as the 45k on Stars and the 40k on Party. If I do well one night and end up until 2am or so though I'll often take the next night off to catch up on sleep (the burdens of a 'real job')

4) I have a fair amoutn of gamb00l, but at the end of the day I'm an engineer by trade, so I'm a big math guy.

5) I was playing the micros on stars up to about $30 buy ins, and occasionally I'd sat into one of the big weekend tournaments.

6) I regularly play in the larger weekend tournaments and the supers. I don't consider myself super successful, but I do well enough I can keep playing the nightly $150+ buy ins without going broke.

7) I'd like to have some live experience under my belt. I'm starting to take occasional stabs at some of the sats offered on different sites. I also hope that a year from now I don't find that the success I've had the last year or two turns out to just be a run of good luck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Rizen
Old 10-29-2005, 04:18 AM

$50. Worked it up to $280 playing .5/1 cash games, it went down to about $120 and then I entered a $20 MTT for fun and placed second for $3500.

Usually when I need money for something... I'm a college kid in a dorm so I usually don't need money.

I don't rely on the money, so no. But I do MTT's more than work at school.

I'm lagtastic but I'm not reckless with money.

I probably thought it was an STD.

-Where are you now?
Running fairly hot and happy with my play. Still honing though.

Grinding the supers regularly.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:41 AM

Not sure what this question means... I have a poker bankroll and I withdraw whenever I need cash to pay for bills or tuition.

Like I said above, whenever I need it. It goes from neteller to my bank account.

I used to, but with school lately I havn't had much time for online poker. I'm lucky to get 10 MTTs in a week, and that doesn't leave much room to let me make big wins.

Probably too much. I sometimes play far above my bankroll and I get pretty wreckless with hundreds of dollars at a time (which I can afford to lose, but is just stupid to put at risk). That's probably my worst attribute, but thankfully I have a big enough roll (and not TOO much gamble) to still be alive in poker.

Absolutely nowhere.

-Where are you now?

I've won and final tabled the 45k rebuy on stars a few times. Won several other tourneys and usually go very deep whenever I cash in a tourney.

Have a few live events under my belt (the WSOP and a few other $1k-3k buyin events at the wsop, and if i endu p being good enough, some wpt evengts).
Old 10-29-2005, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-Where are you now?

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot, I don't have divisions.
I cash out when I need to blow money/pay bills live
No set mtts unless it's 0.
I have way too much gamboooooooool

A year ago I was barely learning
I am still barely learning with entirely too much confidence in my ability.
I'd love to be a wsop bracelet winner or wpt winner. chances are I'll be broke.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-What percentage of your money is dedicated to poker?- I put $500 in initially to stars, haven't deposited besides that; also about $150 in poker literature
-How often do you cash out? What's your procedure for it?- I haven't cashed out, its just money that's there. If I ever won like 10K or more, then I'd cash some of it out, but mostly my winnings are used for going up the buyins.

-Do you have a set goal amount of MTT's to play a week?- Unfortunately I work a job monday-friday from about 3-9am, so I catch tournaments on friday nite, saturday, and sunday early. The occasional other one, but not too often.
-How much gamb00l do you have?- I do go above my pokerroll occasionally, but have never been above the $50 tournament (highest MTT is 50, highest SNG is 30). Once I start making good money at work (30 an hour) I'll be playing only the 20-100 range buyin tourneys.
-Where were you a year ago with MTT's?- I wasn't online most of last year, but I'd play home games ranging from 20-50 bucks.
-Where are you now?- It ranges from 1-20, mostly 1-10, but I throw down 20 occasionally, and if I win a satellite to a $30 30K guaranteed, I'll play that also.
-Where do you want to be a year from now?- Getting FT's in the 30-50 range buyin

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-29-2005, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-Where are you now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if i have any set money towards poker...just whatever i feel like playing

I cash out about once a week. My procedure is as follows. I decide what i want television, pool table etc. I play until i win it. Cash out, buy it. Curse myself out for the following 2 weeks when i go on a downswing and have no money to play for buying a toy.

A year ago in MTT went 2 ways. Broke or final table, i was more of a maniac and i either had a monster chip stack or i was watching everyone else finish

These days i find myself a lot tighter. I still average a win once a month or so, but i find myself making money more often.

I'd like to start making more money in higher level tournaments this year. I've won 7 this year so far. But only one really big one which was a super thursday. I'd like to win 10 next year of that caliber. That's my goal.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Started with a $1k BR and 2+2 almost two years ago. Still playing on that.

My wife gets 50% of my winnings, so if I have a huge run in SnGs or a big MTT win, I give her some. Also after my first win, I cashed out a few thousand which went towards an I-Pod and anniversary dinner. The rest is in Netteller so I can whore bonuses.

Nope. Depends on tournament schedules, when my son goes to bed, etc.

Not as much as I should. I gotta start shoving over LP raisers more, and raising with garbage less.

Just trying to figure them out.

-Where are you now?

Just beginning to figure out the very basics. Learning when to be patient and when to be aggressive.

Good question. Second ankle-biter due in the spring which will slow things down more than a little, so I may be coming back from a six month poker sabbatical.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-29-2005, 01:34 PM

Started my bankroll with a $50 deposit into Party in May 04. Played 5+1, 10+1 SNG, and .5/1 for awhile. Grew bankroll -> moved up -> grew -> moved. Moved up the limit game from .5/1 to 5/10 and 10/20.

Played in MTT's along the way - won a $5+1 (2000 entrant) for 2K, Finished second in a $20 with 2200 people for 4.5K, picked up first in the 11k guaranteed ($30, 400 people) for 3k. Lately I have been playing big buyin MTT's and gone deep in the 500k guaranteed and the 200K Saturday.

I try to cash out 1K each week from Netteller to my account. I keep a several week buffer in the Nettler account and a decent amount on several websites.

I have been playing alot more satelites into the bigger entry fee MTT's. I stopped playing cash games and the MTT's can dent your bankroll pretty seriously.

From none to alot.......how big are the blinds?

$300 bankroll playing $10 SNG's and $5 MTT's.

-Where are you now?

Now I am a high limit fish.

Playing higher buyin in online MTT's regularly and playing some larger buy-in live tournaments.