Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 10-19-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Stats post for 27,080 hands at .5/$1

Your VPIP is perfectly fine. A lot of people speculate that a player can be a marginal winner simply by playing tightly preflop, and I think your winrate (meager as it is) reflects the fact that you obviously know how to fold unprofitable hands preflop.

However, you are too passive on all streets. Raise more preflop. Get your postflop aggression numbers up. You are showing down too many losers.

You're on the right track to winning play (tightness), but you sorely need to beef up your aggression. I prescribe SSHE.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:18 PM

Thanks for the replies [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I will work on increasing my aggression and continue to reread SSH until it sinks in.

I would add that yes this is full ring and played at Empire right up until the Party split. Also, Currently I use the "Tight Games pre-flop" hand guide from SSH as the games i've played almost never have more than > 5 players on the flop.

-HoneyBear
Old 10-19-2005, 04:19 PM

(Grunch) I apoligize if these are already covered.

Raise preflop more (double it, I'd say)
Attempt to steal more.
Defend BB more.
Defend SB more.
Play more aggressive post-flop (all streets).
Old 10-19-2005, 04:52 PM

HoneyBear (Gee i feel gay using your username lol)

Firstly the suggestions most have said im not disagreeing with, infactr i agree with everyone pretty much been said. What im concerned about however is that adjusting to many varibles may change his game DURASTICALLY and he may no longer be playing himself... More just copying what a forum said. This will lead to major loses and confusion.

Blind stealing and protection for example will lead to HORRIBLE situations that even the "big guys" would find tricky.

Anyhow,
You own SSH, And i assume you've read it once? This is what you should do IMO.

<ul type="square">[*]Continue to use the SSH tight chart(I assume you downloaded the pdf file from here? or are you reading from the book?)[*]Read, Reread, Re-Reread SSH. [*]Post any hands where you felt clueless, You may get told "Ah gee fold preflop stupid" But ignore some gay/sarcy comments a keep posting. [*] Read the micro threads, reply. You'll be wrong many times, You'll be corrected... but whats important is you dont stop questioning untill you learn! PLEASE REPLY TO THESE THREADS WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE REPLYS and typing *GRUNCH* at the top(So we know you havent read it) Then check the replys after.
[*]Stick to your limit, you are beating it a bit over 30K so seem ok to stick to it.
[*] Dont bother attempting to protect blinds/Steal right now, i think these may have a negative impact on your game. [/list]After you have replied to posts, made some of your own in micro forum and read and reread SSH you should have learnt to be a bit more aggressive.

This will be reflected in the next 3 - 5K you play, And ever better in the next 10K you play.

However a concern i have is, Are you scared of the game? Does it feel horrible raising some guy when you can call him "which is cheaper"?

if this is the case, Please move down to .25/.50 or .10/.20 WHERE YOU CAN RAISE COMFORTABLY.

Glad to see your not lurking and have signed up, Welcome.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check the FAQ section for optimum numbers

[/ QUOTE ]
What FAQ's? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]