Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 10-09-2005, 06:00 AM

Default Re: Affiliates = PIMPS

yep...but atleast at the sites where the affilates are responisble for transferring out the money they are actually doing something (all be it, very little). at many sites the transfering is done by the site itself (such as Carribean Sun and BetonBet, and I think UB is/was that way as well but dont know from experience). In these cases the affiliate does jack-all. doesnt even have to deal with u signing up, you simply download the site thru his link in many cases. quite silly to me.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:06 AM

This really makes no business sense. Put yourself in PartyPokers' shoes and ask yourself whether you want to give rakeback to players who may not even know rakeback exists. The whole point is to make it hard to get rakeback.

It is similar to getting rebates on something at Best Buy. They know a certain % of people will not take advantage of the offer. But if they just gave it to everyone then it would be a simple matter of raising the price to keep the profits the same as before.

Why make it easier to get rakeback? We want it to be somewhat difficult to do so rakes stay lower and other players subsidize our rakeback. But hey that's just my opinion....anyone who disagrees isn't selfish like I am.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

why couldn't the sites just set a minimum MGR to get rakeback? that way the occasional players don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every good idea in this world has already been taken - go to www.pokerchamps.com if you like this one.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:04 PM

Along your same analogy, if my affiliate is a pimp, then at this time with all the goings on at Party and the skins, it would be in his best interest in convincing me to move to greener pastures where he and I could both continue to make money. I have heard from my affiliate, and he is in the process of setting up something with Party. I am sure he is in a MUCH better position to negotiate with Party than I am. I will be happy to take the results of his negotiation.

On a similar note, my affiliate sent everyone a 3% raise from Empire if we decide to stay. I thought that was an extremely good move whether it came from the affiliate himself, or directly from Empire.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:43 PM

Party/skins were not even in my reasoning though...i was talking about the sites who ALREADY offer rakeback and do the transfers themselves.

(not everything about rakeback/affiliates has to be about Party does it..)
Old 10-09-2005, 04:51 PM

Very true. I assumed that the thread was equating all affiliates to pimps. While they may be pimps, I am just stating that they do perform a worthwhile function, at least to me.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:57 PM

Yes they are all pimps, and some are worthwhile to have. Its just that others are not necessary. Those r the pimps I wanna do away with.

Some affiliates also just plain act sleazy! I don't like them in general, I wanna be a free-ass whore I guess, but alas we need the pimps for some of the sites.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:01 PM

Sniper is the only person in this thread that seems to have the slightest idea of what is going on.

Poker sites have affiliate programs only as a means to direct new customers to their site. It is simply subsidized advertising.

The problem with the system is that everyone already knows about the sites. As a result, the affiliate industry is highly competitive, to the point that they give almost all of their income back to the person they signed up!

This is almost unheard of in other online affiliate programs. It only exists with poker affiliates because of the unusual circumstances.

You people calling affiliates pimps, while correct on the one hand, are completely misguided on the other. Technically we shouldn't be getting any of the rakeback, fortunately we do, so don't be too harsh.

And no, I don't have a thing to do with any rakebacks...