Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 09-29-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Pushing too many marginal edges.

tehox:[ QUOTE ]
Button seems kind of aggressive by his PT numbers at least

[/ QUOTE ]

sharp:[ QUOTE ]
Button seems passive so an LP bet from him could mean he has us beat so a CR doesn't seem good

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm: which is he? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check/folding the flop in Hand 1 is extremely weak tight. You've got top pair on a paired flop. That's not a marginal hand, it's a good one. That said, i don't mind calling a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think extremely weak tight is overstating it a little bit.

That being said, IMO if we are playing this hand that betting into a field of loose players is not the way to go. Button seems kind of aggressive by his PT numbers at least, hopefully it gets checked to him and we can take a crack at getting this heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, it isn't "extremely," I exaggerated. But at least I didn't give the villain multiple PT personalities [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tehox:[ QUOTE ]
Button seems kind of aggressive by his PT numbers at least

[/ QUOTE ]

sharp:[ QUOTE ]
Button seems passive so an LP bet from him could mean he has us beat so a CR doesn't seem good

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm: which is he? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are your thoughts? Obviously 57/9/.74 is not a maniac, and to be honest I'm not the greatest at interpreting these types of stats, but I think this type of player is betting a lot.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Button seems kind of aggressive
Button seems passive

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly passive/aggressive.

Really it depends on his %fold numbers. If he has high fold numbers then he may fold enough to offset his high vp$ip and may actually be passive. If his fold numbers are like 15% on every street then he is way overplaying his hands after the flop.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are your thoughts? Obviously 57/9/.74 is not a maniac, and to be honest I'm not the greatest at interpreting these types of stats, but I think this type of player is betting a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i had no idea that's why i was asking [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What are your numbers during this downswing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I dove into PT to see, and recognized that I had several forces at play that I'd mentally assigned one lable to. Just been in that "poker malaize" mindset of late.

Overall, its -250bb over 10k or so hands.
However this is split over 2 levels(.5/1 and 1/2), a couple days of examining 25 and 50NL on PP, and a stab at 2/4. So, about half of that is floundering in NL while learning the ropes, and the rest is a slight drubbing at the 2/4 (wasn't ready for it) a quick downswing at 1/2 that dropped me below my comfort zone bankroll wise for that (the losses at NL and 2/4 contributed to magnify that) and a current downsswing ongoing at .5/1 6 max. All of my sample sizes are <15K for any given limit, so not many conclusions to make. Intelletually I don't think I'm on "one big downturn" anymore, but emotionally it feels like it. Gotta work on that. :P

What I did do was 2 weeks ago decided to go back to .5/1 and play no less than 20k hands to see where I stand and try to get my "groove" back. (I just got a dream job last week, so I've got less time to play, so only 2k hands into that now) By groove, I mean the demeanor to be cool in the face of beat after beat. I had it growing, but lost it somehow, in the last month or so. It bothers me how emotional I've become.

I also need to learn to play those whiffed overcards better, I can just feel the chips flowing away there [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] But thats another thread, one that's already posted.

and thanks for the feedback on the hands guys. I'm going to reread all of it a few times. let it sink in.