Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

View Poll Results: have you ever had an STD before?
yes and i usually dont wrap it 9 4.89%
yes but i almost always wrap it 9 4.89%
no and i usually dont wrap it 63 34.24%
no and i always wrap it 103 55.98%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2005, 09:11 PM

Default Re: $109 - Call my push with 3s?

[ QUOTE ]
You all seemed to missed the bit where I thought BB had 3.5bb after posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon man, I dont miss anything! Look up
Old 09-25-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Why try to double up at the ((problaby)50% (!) ) Chance of busting out here?"

Because it's 1800 to call with 3000 in the pot. If he folds he's got 3.5bb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also if he folds he has about 5 BBs
Old 09-25-2005, 08:56 PM

Don't believe the hype, this is probably a fold against most opponents. This is what SNGPT is for, people should use it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2005, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't believe the hype, this is probably a fold against most opponents. This is what SNGPT is for, people should use it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used it, and with my perceived range, it's a fold. However, I wanted some human input as well to see what people would do in the "real world" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2005, 09:56 PM

i'm getting laid 18 to 28 to call here, be the chipleader by a ton 3 handed, the blinds are huge, my opponents are all competant

next time you post a hand why don't you give people the other environmental factors, folding here makes me about 20% to bust out, calling here makes me about 50% to bust out, but if i fold here 1st or 2nd are not my most likely finishes

oh, this was the 4th hand in a row he'd pushed my BB, i had decided he was pushing any 2 at this blind level
Old 09-25-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm getting laid 18 to 28 to call here, be the chipleader by a ton 3 handed, the blinds are huge, my opponents are all competant

next time you post a hand why don't you give people the other environmental factors, folding here makes me about 20% to bust out, calling here makes me about 50% to bust out, but if i fold here 1st or 2nd are not my most likely finishes

oh, this was the 4th hand in a row he'd pushed my BB, i had decided he was pushing any 2 at this blind level

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with these little pairs is they are the type of hand that gains the absolute least when up against any 2/wide pushing ranges. I really prefer folding here, although I dont have SNGPA handy at the moment. I know that its only very marginally +EV to call when your opponent pushes 55% of hands, which is quite a large number of hands.

If you really think hes pushing close to any 2 its probably call, but a very close one. You have to be pretty confident however.

It's only .+2% when the button pushes with 75% of hands, and +.3% when they push with 80%.

Meanwhile its -.3% when they push with 40% of hands. Its still -EV when they push with as many as the top 58% of hands, which include the following:

22+,A2+,K2+,Q2+,J6o+,J2s+,T7o+,T6s+,98o,97s+,87s. Sorry to say I feel like a lot of players would fold plenty of these hands, even those that have seemed relatively aggressive in the past.

I would fold because I would prefer to use my skills elsewhere and because I doubt Id be confident enough to assume they are pushing any 2 in this spot. Against an any 2 push you are +1% EV.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:48 PM

Again, I put the hands I was pushing with in my opening post, which makes this a clear fold.

Thanks curtains, I thought I was going crazy for a second!
Old 09-25-2005, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did put the environmental factors in my post. From my opening post:

[ QUOTE ]
I have pushed 4 times without being called, and showing AK, AQ, pocket 7s and pocket 10s to gain respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

How'd you come to the conclusion I was pushing any 2? You were either multi-tabling and missed it (bad), or blind.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:07 PM

He likes to make calls when the blinds get high. Last night he made 3 or 4 questionable calls against me, unfortuately he was ahead every time.
Calling with 33 isnt a big mistake and it may keep regulars from pushing u around in the future
Old 09-26-2005, 07:13 PM

i duno i fold about 80% of the time here. if its against a 2+2er though, i might call to piss em off. curtains is very much on the right track here, but i wont fault people TOO much for calling. i dont like calling too much though. holla