Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Loosey Goosey?

Okay, I haven't posted a hand anywhere for a long time. I have a hard time finding anything interesting in my play worth posting. But here's a hand that came up tonight.

A bit of background. I had been at the table for about 30 hands. The table was surprisingly tight with a lot of 2 and 3 way pots. On the orbit prior to this, when I was on the button, it was folded to me and I raised with 99. The BB then folded to my flop bet after he checked.

So, I'm on the button again. I should note that all of the BB's bets and raises are very fast.

PokerStars $3/$6 Limit Hold'em Ring (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero raises, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Big blind raises, Hero raises, Big blind calls

Flop: (11.34 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Big blind bets, Hero raises, Big blind raises, Hero calls

Turn: (9.17 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Big blind bets, Hero calls

River: (11.17 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Big blind bets, Hero calls

Final Pot: $65 ($2 rake)

Results not shown

I called after thinking for a few seconds about something we discussed on this forum about a week ago.

Thoughts? Did I play too loose on my later calls? How about the river call?

Regards,

T