Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 08-22-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: $11R Hand for discussion

[ QUOTE ]

I think you guys are missing something that is very important at this point in the rebuy:

There are still ALOT of donks left who will shove chips your way in much more favorable situations. Why risk all your chips for a small pot where you have two overcards (That very well might not be good) and a flush draw.

I really think folding preflop here is much better.

Now, something like 56 of spades I might call here looking to bust a big stack. =)

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see the point of avoiding favorable gambles. Maybe in a supersatellite this would be reasonable, but here you need lots of chips to make the final table.

If you think villain and other players at the table will give you chips, then that is an argument for calling preflop with a speculative hand. Villain may pay off big if you make a straight or something.

I think KQs is better here than 65s, although there are some advantages to the low cards. I wouldn't call here with either hand. However, KQs likely to be about even with what villain has, unless villain has a big hand that dominates it. Plus you have the advantages of position and having a suited connector that could make a big hand.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:53 PM

At the time I pushed because I didn't want to play a bad turn card, but I think a pf fold is the answer to stay out of this trouble. I expected a fold 65% of the time and to win close to 45% of the calls so I think the push is +EV, but Chief is right, at this point people are still doing everything they can to give you their stack.

Change my stack to something around 5-6k and I will push this without hesitation on this flop. With 10k left I think a call on the flop is not too bad, although I am not fond of pot sized calls, and wonder what any card that hits me will do to the action.

Chief, in this same spot are you pushing with 56s if you hit a pr + flush draw, or are you still taking one off?
Old 08-22-2005, 05:27 PM

If the pot gives me 2:1 like yours did, I'd peel another one off, and see what happens on the turn. Lots of people can pot a flop. Not many will pot or bet hard on the turn unless they have a solid hand. I get all the info I need after the card and the bet or lack thereof.

Nick