Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 08-07-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: An 80 hand

i agree w/ nigel
Old 08-07-2005, 06:12 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
on teh turn you should check fold. i dont like your play here dave

[/ QUOTE ]
Does everyone realize you have a Q high flush draw here?

I think you played it fine. I can't really see a hand you are beating on the river other than a medium pocket pair with a club, but without a strong read on your opponent a call here is probably OK.

[/ QUOTE ]

apparantly, i a) misread the preflop action b/c i thought he COld caleld., and b) misread the board.

definately played ok.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

i knew something was up
Old 08-07-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the turn call looks atrocious.

[/ QUOTE ]

woops for obvious reasons [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2005, 08:38 PM

Default results and comments

UTG showed As3s and my hand was crushed.
First, the game was, i believe, 7-8 handed, it seemed pretty full to me since it is usually short, but this is at least a little important. Alought less so than it might be b/c a lot of the playes do not make approite adjustments. Into full ring, and just play like it is still 5-6 handed, they simply cannot get tighter than that.

overall, I figured most of the hand was auto pilot and totally uninteresting. QJo against these colwns, discounted 1 bet, is a good hand. I was ahead or not far behind UTG+1 a huge amount of the time. Most of these people see a limp and disregaurd position and assume it is simply weakness, and so try to iso-with a bunch of trash, all pair suited connectors and other bs. Further, this guy opens and isos pretty light and plays like a donk post flop, so you will have to wrench QJo out of my dying hands. On the flop my first reaction to the bet was it is an ace, pp with a club or the nut flush draw, with the weight on the first two. So, on the river, I looked at the pot and thought if it is 9c9x or KcX even some of the time I should call. So I did. Afterword, I was not sure it was either of those enough, because the flop is A) ace hi, and B) the only possible K i beat is KTo which is not all that likely. Some of the 80 players might play K9o but they are usally coming in for a raise. So, AK, KQ and KJ beat me and that takes up a huge chunk of the hands i can beat.

nevertheless, i am still not sure either way, since i am not big on folding for 1 bet on the river.
thanks-sorry the thoughts rambled,
dave
Old 08-07-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: results and comments

Yeah Dave. I didn't comment on the river because I am really not sure. Your hand range for him is dead on, but has to weigh in that he might give up on the river with a PP and take a free showdown hoping you're chasing with the Kc.

It's so close, maybe check fold against someone weak enough to OL UTG in that game, but I can't say I would if it were me there.

Nigel
Old 08-08-2005, 12:58 AM

When someone in a tough game limpes early, I give them a lot of respect.
Also, this player has to be expecting to get called on the end the way the hand was played. This should be a near automatic fold against all but the most insane yet readable players.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:01 AM

Tough spot on the river. It's pretty close. I think calling is just fine but it's close.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:00 AM

would I be out of line if I suggested CRing the flop and leading the turn? if you do, and you are 3-bet on the flop or raised on the turn, then you can safely fold the river. but you have a decent chance (I think??) of getting a weak ace or something to fold.

if you get 3bet on the flop, and check/call the turn while folding the river, you end up spending the same amount of bets, plus you get some fold equity.

if you cr the flop and bet the turn, and get raised, it costs you one more SB than the line you took.

I have no idea how much calling-station-ness there is at the UB 80, so I might be out to lunch here. if villian will always call with any ace or PP, then the line you took is obviously optimal. but the chance to fold out a weak ace or a middle PP with a club seems like one to take. again, this all depends on the circumstances at the UB 80, but with the second nut flush draw and a gutshot straight draw against a lag, I generally like CRing the flop.