Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

View Poll Results: Does Bonds pass Aaron in Career HRs
Yes 15 32.61%
No 31 67.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2005, 12:20 PM

Default Re: [poll] would you call your whole stack off here ?

i would call and start working on my resume.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:21 PM

If the odds are 'like 50-1', why in the world did you post this then?

OBVIOUSLY, I mean, like totally, you should fold top two and that board facing a minraise. It's not even close and stuff.

Brad
Old 07-22-2005, 12:21 PM

I'm all-in.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:33 PM

I fold AJo in a 10-handed ring game in EP preflop.

However, that's not what you asked. I think I'd call the min raise on the flop. So now the pot is $.35 binds + $1 raise + + $1 call + your pot bet of $2.35 + his min raise to $4.70 + your call of $2.35. Pot on the turn is now $11.75. You have $19.25, top two pair out of position against a preflop caller who minraised your continuation bet. He has either a set (JJ or 55), or he has something like QQ or TT and is trying to snap off your continuation bet by representing the A, or he really has the A (like AK or AQ) and thinks his hand is good. I find any semi-bluff on this particular flop unlikely. I think check/calling might be better because the hands you beat will probably bet into you, whereas pushing the flop or pushing the turn out of position will only get called by JJ or 55 (or a lucky set from a pocket pair that matches the turn card).

If villain pushes, I would not lay it down given the stack sizes. But I'd check the turn here, with these stacks, in order to give villain a chance to bet at the pot with weaker hands than mine. If villain checks behind me on the turn, then I value bet the river for $4 looking to get called by an Ax. Again, if I'm reraised at the end, I call.

Now, with deeper stacks, I'd call the min raise, and lead the turn for 3/4 of the pot, then I'd seriously consider folding to an all-in reraise. Since I raised preflop, I am representing at least a big Ace. If villain shows aggression on the flop, and bigger aggression on the turn, I now believe he has top pair licked, he doesn't have a 2 pair (unless it's another AJ), and so that means he has a set or a crazy bluff.

Comments?

What does pushing on an almost drawless flop really do for you unless you think he has exactly AK and will call your push?