Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 07-14-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Sweet suicide

I have to say that is some unbelievable poker right there. Congrats on your awesome read.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What a tool...I don't know how he could have such a great read to know that one pair was good on the flop, yet somehow think that the A on the turn had hit one of us.

[/ QUOTE ]
Clearly he was not sure that it was good. He made a guess and it was wrong. You made a guess and it was right. Would you like a bracelet? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

If all of the planets had not aligned and you lost your stack with a pair of 4's who would have been the tool?

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],
tpir
Old 07-14-2005, 10:57 PM

I almost cried reading this.

Well, Vince, as they say in poker, he earned that pot.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Best hand iv ever seen

When I first read the OP this didnt make sense to me in the least bit. Sounded like some lunatic with too much money to burnj and who likes to gamble. When I read the explanations I was amazed. I think of myself as a good poker player since I am a winner, but reading your analysis made me realize what a huge difference there is between a good player and a truly great player. Great Hand!
Old 07-15-2005, 02:34 PM

one of the better MHNL posts in a while. thanks for describing your thought process - this is some high level thinking for sure. don't want to simply join the ass kissers but I will, how can I be this good??
Old 07-15-2005, 04:15 PM

Great hand -

- so there was no chance that BB was donkish or stubborn enough to play AT the same way?
Old 07-16-2005, 01:21 AM

"I don't know how he could have such a great read to know that one pair was good on the flop, yet somehow think that the A on the turn had hit one of us."

Maybe he put you squarely on AK. Since that's pretty much the same as what you had, right?

While all this flop and turn action was going on, what did you think you were representing? I know you said that they didn't seem very good at reading hands. What do you think they thought you held?
Old 07-21-2005, 10:52 AM

Would have been enjoyable to get the call out of KK and take the hand down with the worst of it.

Nice read, nice hand, good luck trying to replicate this ever again... but I think thats the beauty of it.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:01 PM

Good job dodging any Q,J,8,7, and the 7 remaining diamonds (19 outs). He was actually the one with the "made" hand here, as his draw was so big that he is a favourite to hit. Your great reads told you he had a flush draw, open-ended straight draw, and two overs. I suppose pot odds dictated a call anyway.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good job dodging any Q,J,8,7, and the 7 remaining diamonds (19 outs). He was actually the one with the "made" hand here, as his draw was so big that he is a favourite to hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no.