Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 07-02-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: This is tough to write

Man, I am so sorry to hear that. Just as there aren't any words to describe what you're feeling, the same goes for us--there just aren't any words to describe how horrible we feel for you.

As for how to set aside your grief and focus on work: I'm sorry, but the only people who can answer that are people who have also lost children. Maybe the counselors can hook you up with a support group.

Life goes on. I know that seems impossible to fathom at this moment. But you've got a family to support. You need to get back on the horse FOR THEM. Austin wouldn't want his siblings to starve.

(If you've got the dough to take a few weeks off, then go ahead. But almost none of us can afford that, so I assume that you can't, either.)
Old 07-06-2005, 04:58 PM

Default very sorry to hear this...

I am very troubled by hearing this. I want you to know I will be praying for you and your family. I know time will heal some wounds but not all. If you need to talk or if you would like me to point out some verses in the bible that I think would help you, please feel free to PM me. Again, I am deeply sorry to hear this. May God be with you.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My first thoughts were to quit and run home, yes my wife had the same first idea too, I find it funny as an adult I want to go run home to momma but there it is. This however is the quitter’s option and I have too much to do to just quit on life.

[/ QUOTE ]

slavic, I hope it helped you in some small way to write this message. But when I read sentences like the one above, I can't help but feel that you still have a very long way to go before you can even start to deal with this tragedy. Going home where you can have some support and unconditional love is not a move of a quitter. If that's what you need to do right now, go home for a while. You can definitely do that without quitting on life.

[ QUOTE ]
Now for the first time since I began playing many years ago I’m scared to sit at a table, and there are no counselors who know. I have always had a natural emotional detachment that I just can’t muster right now and I don’t know how to get it back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, slavic, those sound like words coming from someone whose world has been thrown upside down. This doesn't surprise me at all. I can't imagine how I could function in your position, much less focus and function at the table.

[ QUOTE ]
unfortunately I haven’t found the book that can cure this ill.

[/ QUOTE ]

If only it were that easy. There are few losses as great as this and the pain is obviously of a similar magnitude.

I'm glad to hear you are getting counseling. Don't hesitate to lean on your family even more than you are doing now. While there's nothing to make things better, I hope that in time you are able to focus more on your memories than the loss. These of course are probably pretty hollow words right now, but it sounds like you have some other great children as well, so hopefully you can all get through this together.

Peace.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:50 PM

My deepest condolences.
I can't begin to imagine your grief.
I wish you the best luck, and hope you find the strength to pull through.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:23 PM

My thoughts are with you and I wish the best for your family.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:48 PM

Slavic, my heart goes out to you. I do not think that there is any pain greater than the loss of a child. Do whatever you think will best help you and your family cope with this situation, and do not judge yourself or let anyone else judge you. If what is best is to go home, then do just that. It is not quitting on life; it is a way of enabling yourself and your family to live on.

My deepest sympathies......
Old 07-02-2005, 06:26 PM

Im sorry.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:38 PM

In my line of work I see this type of thing way too often. There is very little that can be said to ease pain of this magnitude. I think El Diablo is right though. This is a time when you must call on all available resources. Call for help from friends, family and most importantly a qualified professional. I have 2 kids this age and feel like crying just imagining anything happening to them. My condolences to you and your family.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:42 PM

I'm saddened to hear this, best wishes.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:31 PM

My heart truly goes out to you today, in a way that I cannot fully express here. Go to counseling, lean on friends and family. Take some time off. Grieve.

-Milo