Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

View Poll Results: QQ , raised pot, EP, first levels, low buy ins
FOLD 2 3.45%
SOMETHING ELSE 56 96.55%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2005, 09:19 AM

Default Re: 50/100 at the Mecca, honestly who can get away from this one?

So you are the BB and took 14K from this guy with your nut straight to his second nut straight?

I don't know what I do there, but I would have to have a pretty strong read to lay down that hand. (I'm not sure how I play it on any street, either. I definitely don't open limp on the button with 97o, at least not with my where my game is right now).
Old 04-05-2005, 09:40 AM

I think I can speak for everyone on this forum when I say you should always lay down the 2nd nuts here 3 handed with stacks of this depth.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:06 AM

I missed that it was 3 handed (not that that changes much other than the pf limp seems slightly better to me).

I don't play at anywhere near that level, but it seems like that would be very player dependant. The action certainly seems scary.

So lets see, if villain would only play Q9, 97, JJ, TT, or 88 this way, then you are ahead of 9 combinations (though they have 10 outs to catch you), behind 12, and tied with 9. Yeah, villain would have to be able to give this action with 2p or as a bluff/semi bluff to make calling here even close. check-bet-raise-reraise-push doesn't fit a lot of hands.

You're quite right. Upon further review this is an easy laydown (unless you are against someone capable of giving this action with odd hands, but other than the nuts or maybe a set, only a bluff really fits the action, and that would take a lot of balls and/or stupidity).