Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 10-28-2004, 12:52 PM

Default Re: bankroll required for multitabling

[ QUOTE ]
The biggest downswing I ever had was 100 bb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prepare for that to change.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Holy crap, we have a team?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you have a team. Unfortunaly for them, they are going to lose this week to ASU. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2004, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The biggest downswing I ever had was 100 bb. And that's only happened once in 3 years, and I was also playing on tilt for part of that downswing. So if I keep a bankroll of 300 bb, or 9k, that should be enough for me to 3 table 15/30. At least that is what it I conclude after your comments. Thanks for the help.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that amazing, if not preposterous. Either you play very weak-tight, or do not keep accurate data.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The biggest downswing I ever had was 100 bb. And that's only happened once in 3 years...

[/ QUOTE ]

To put this in perspective, assuming I win 2BB/100 hands and have a standard deviation of 16BB/100 hands, there is a 21% chance that I will have 100BB less in my bankroll than I do now at some point in the future. There is a 4.3% chance I will have 200BB less than I do now at some point in the future. (If my win rate is 3BB/100, these numbers go to 9.6% and 0.9%.)

If you play much you WILL have a -200BB swing. (Just hope it doesn't happen immediately after you move up to higher stakes.)
Old 10-28-2004, 01:16 PM

Multi-tabling should affect your win rate over time and might affect your variance over time, but not affect either over the number of hands played. Think about it.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, you have a team. Unfortunaly for them, they are going to lose this week to ASU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you guys had a chance when you had an ex-Cal coach. Whatever happened to Bruce Snyder?
Old 10-28-2004, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, you have a team. Unfortunaly for them, they are going to lose this week to ASU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you guys had a chance when you had an ex-Cal coach. Whatever happened to Bruce Snyder?

[/ QUOTE ]

He follows me around. Seriously. Snyder left ASU the year after I moved to Las Vegas to become an assistant at UNLV. And now with John Robinson announcing his retirement at the end of this year, Bruce might just get the head coaching job.
In all honesty, I'm hoping for a close game against Cal. Not like the 45-7 beating that USC put on us.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:36 PM

I've logged over 150k hands on party, and have played at least that many hands on all the other sites I play together. Huge dips in the bankroll have never been a problem for me. Except when I've gone on tilt and tried to chase back losses by playing 80/160 or 50/100.
Old 10-28-2004, 04:12 PM

At what stakes and what winrate. Fair enough if you don't want to post your winrate but if you play 15/30 for 150k hands you will have a swing bigger than 100, likely a lot bigger.