Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 09-09-2004, 03:49 PM

Default Re: put to the test on the turn

[ QUOTE ]
If he could have 54s, couldn't he have 32s, 63s, K3s, K2s, etc.? The problem is, this pot is too large to be wrong even a small percentage of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, all the hands you mentioned are possible (there are 9 combinations each of 32, 63, K3 and K2), but there are a plethora of hands that have you drawing dead as well including 3 combinations each of 22, 33, 66, 1 combination of KK, and 16 combinations of a straight with 54.

If I believe my opponent is not bluffing with less than 2 pair in this spot, there are 36 combinations of hands I'm drawing live to, and 26 combinations of hands I'm drawing dead to. Yes, I see there are about 11 big bets in the pot, but my hand is not looking so hot after what has transpired and the fact that I'm committed to calling the river bet if I call the turn bet makes it effectively 12:2 rather than 11:1. I don't think I'm good here more than one in 7 times.

Change the turn card to the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], then yes, by all means, call down or check-raise if you see a jack. The fact that the turn makes a straight possible makes all the difference in the world.

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible he's semi-bluffing with 44, etc.?

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I don't see it happening here. But I don't play at Foxwoods enough...

Garland
Old 09-09-2004, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The river card makes no difference. If you call the turn raise you are calling the river. I might CR if a J came on the river, but that is about it. Otherwise, I am check/calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

so there would never be a situation where I would call on the river only if I improve?
Old 09-09-2004, 10:29 PM

Default results

I check with the intention of calling. He checks.

I say "kings up" and he starts to muck before I can flip over. I show. MHIG. I couldn't get a read on whether or not any king had him beaten or he just assumed I had a better kicker since I raised PF. Low two pair seems unlikely as he would have had to have 32, 23, or 62. My best guess is that he had a hand like KT and went with the "since-I-plan-on-calling-on-the-turn-and-river-anyway-I-might-as-well-raise-the-turn" play. No matter what he had, I like the play as it caused me to almost muck top pair, decent kicker in a pretty decent sized pot. We'll never know...
Old 09-11-2004, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

so there would never be a situation where I would call on the river only if I improve?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not for the pot of that size.Folding really not an option here.
Ok he has a K in his hand but whats his kicker? Not a big one,right? With that board 2 pairs not looking as scary as you think. He is EP , what did he limped with? 54? K6? Neah...Sure he may have a set but he'd have to show it to me at some point of his life...