Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 08-29-2004, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Hand against ZeeJustin in PStars $500...

Probably just directed to Justin, but, what were the stacks like at this point? Button could be a steal with any hand. Why is this a fold on the turn? Why not a big bet on the flop? Based on the small info you gave, I say you gave this hand away.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2004, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably just directed to Justin, but, what were the stacks like at this point? Button could be a steal with any hand. Why is this a fold on the turn? Why not a big bet on the flop? Based on the small info you gave, I say you gave this hand away.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is betting 300 into a pot of 320 "small"? Given that he called my raise, I put him on a medium pocket pair. Once the turn gave any T a straight, almost every hand I could put him on beat me.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:40 PM

You beat a hand with 2 random cards in it? Because you did put him on a steal preflop right?
He could just as easily bet based on what he thinks you have. The jack is a scare card and hes betting it no matter what if you check I think because there's no way he thinks you have a ten with the way you played your hand.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:31 PM

what you say might be true for weak players or a small buy in game, which I usually play in, but against good players folding is really the correct move I think once you have checked the turn.

Pat
Old 08-29-2004, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blinds 10/20. I have KK in the SB. Zeejustin raises from the button to 60. I re-raise to 150. BB folds. ZeeJustin calls.

Flop is 789. I think there were two of a suit, but I don't remember. I bet 300. He calls. Turn is an offsuit J. I check. He bets 600. I fold.

How did I do? ZeeJustin, if you want to say what you had, cool. If not, also cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't re-raise the minumum pre-flop. That is retarded.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Blinds 10/20. I have KK in the SB. Zeejustin raises from the button to 60. I re-raise to 150. BB folds. ZeeJustin calls.

Flop is 789. I think there were two of a suit, but I don't remember. I bet 300. He calls. Turn is an offsuit J. I check. He bets 600. I fold.

How did I do? ZeeJustin, if you want to say what you had, cool. If not, also cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't re-raise the minumum pre-flop. That is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-read the post please. Re-raising the minimum would have been a raise to 100. 150 is, umm, more than that. That said, I realize that raise was a bit small.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:42 PM

checking the turn puts you in an awful spot here. I would have raised a bit more preflop (to about 200). On the flop I would have bet a little less. The more I play the less enamored I am of potting it on the flop. If you bet about 200 on the flop, you can bet about 400 on the turn. If he calls both those bets you know you are in trouble. By betting the pot on the flop you tie yourself to either a big big turn bet, or giving up on the hand while you still could be way way ahead. Not a fun hand, but I like to make em call two bets before I decide I can safely check fold.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:59 AM

Excellent post top to bottom IMO.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:00 PM

Default Well, he seems to be putting your chips to good use...

10th with 31 left!
Old 08-29-2004, 11:20 PM

You had me beat. I don't remember what I had though. What was the HH#? (Actually, It's not very relevant since I would have played any 2 cards that way postflop, but I'm sure people will be curious if I don't say anything).