Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 08-16-2004, 05:10 PM

Default Jack in the Box Predictions

Empire's jack in the box prize pool now at $16,000 which means that an entry has an $80 value. Empire runs their guaranteed tournys on wed, fri, sat and sun so im thinking they wont overlap with these tournys. Im thinking Mon, Tues and Thur are the days that this tourny will most likely pop up. I think tomorrow is the day.... anyone else have any thoughts on this?

regards
cubs
Old 08-16-2004, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Jack in the Box Predictions

Me and my friends were guessing today or tomorrow because of the reasons you listed about when their guaranteed tourneys are.

Ponks
Old 08-16-2004, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Empire's jack in the box prize pool now at $16,000 which means that an entry has an $80 value. Empire runs their guaranteed tournys on wed, fri, sat and sun so im thinking they wont overlap with these tournys. Im thinking Mon, Tues and Thur are the days that this tourny will most likely pop up. I think tomorrow is the day.... anyone else have any thoughts on this?

regards
cubs

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got a pop-up that says to play between 7p and 11p and I would be alerted when a Suprise tourney would start. If that is Jack in the Box, then it is tonight.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:35 PM

Eastern or Pacific time?
Old 08-16-2004, 05:36 PM

Why do you all think it will happen today or tomorrow? They could wait another 30 days if they wanted to.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:52 PM

Homer

As this promotion is a freeroll i think they will follow the formula that seems to be the the norm....reward lots of players with as flat of a payout schedule as you can. Seeing as this tourny has a max of 200 entries i think it will likely be run several times. At the same time, a large prize pool would be good PR. I think empire will strike a balance between a large prize pool and inclusion of as many players as possible hence my prediction that it will occur this week. Then again....this is empire so anything might go.

regards
cubs
Old 08-16-2004, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Homer

As this promotion is a freeroll i think they will follow the formula that seems to be the the norm....reward lots of players with as flat of a payout schedule as you can. Seeing as this tourny has a max of 200 entries i think it will likely be run several times. At the same time, a large prize pool would be good PR. I think empire will strike a balance between a large prize pool and inclusion of as many players as possible hence my prediction that it will occur this week. Then again....this is empire so anything might go.

regards
cubs

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, that makes sense. I was thinking that they would let it go all the way to 50K to keep traffic up. If they run one tonight, traffic will go down a bit for the next 5-10 days...

-- Homer
Old 08-16-2004, 07:29 PM

You really think people are playing more for a slim chance of getting into some shitty freeroll?

The Jack-In-The-Box freeroll ranks right up there with VIP points in my opinion.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You really think people are playing more for a slim chance of getting into some shitty freeroll?

The Jack-In-The-Box freeroll ranks right up there with VIP points in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 16+K free roll isn't shitty dude. On the merits of the promotion, I agree with you, but a 200 player 16K freeroll is far from shitty.

Also, you don't have to actually play, you can just leave the client logged on.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you don't have to actually play, you can just leave the client logged on

[/ QUOTE ]

my account balance at empire = $0 yet i still have the software open [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]