Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2004, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Question

To be a little more specific...I'm mainly talking about a local tourny they have once a month. It's just a little 50+5 No limit tourny with 100 players max but usually only fill about 70 or 80 seats. The players usually consist of very aggressive or just plain bad players.

The structure is:

Starting chips, 4100
Blinds start at 25 and 50 and double every 15 minutes, so after the first hour they are already up to 200 and 400.

After the first hour the blinds stop doubling and begin a route something like:
400 and 600
600 and 800
ect....

Usually the tournaments is over in about 4 hours.

You would be surprised the amount of bad play in these tournaments, I guess thats why my mouth waters and I question my ability when I come home empty handed.

I have Hold'em poker for AP by sklansky and a low-limit book, and those really help as far as playing hand to hand. But I really need to develop a solid tournament strategy, especially for CRAZIES in this tournament.

It's often, like every hand, I saw several callers after a preflop raise with ANY ace and ANY suited cards and hell even just ANY two cards. Maybe I play to tight because I see these hands winning. I'll fold hands like AJ off-suit, 99-lower, or AT suited in early or mid position regularly, maybe thats just to extremely tight