Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 06-04-2004, 03:49 PM

Default Entering limit tourneys on accident

If they hit their two outer on the river, I don't care. Run a huge bluff past me, ah well I'll call you next time. When I accidentely enter a limit tourney though I feel like smashing my monitor. Literally.

Not that I hate limit hold 'em, I actually like it. I had my records and my bankroll all set up perfectly for just NL SnG's. Now there is that one odd tourney just sitting there laughing at me. I had four consecutive cashes at NL too. Writing this is making me realize how stupid it is and keeping me from NL 200, or 5/10 shorthanded.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Entering limit tourneys on accident

Heh- I know your pain. I have occasionally jumped into a limit tournament by mistake. When you are used to playing NL, it is a nasty surprise- it feels like playing in slow motion.

Even worse- you are tired, but want to play one last SnG to wash the bad beat taste out of your mouth from the last one. You find a table filling up, so you jump in and wait for the first hand. You get your first card, then your second. Then 2 more. Doh! It is an 0/8 LIMIT tournament! I actually like O/8, but I was just sick about it at that moment. Talk about SLOW action.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Entering limit tourneys on accident

[ QUOTE ]
If they hit their two outer on the river, I don't care. Run a huge bluff past me, ah well I'll call you next time. When I accidentely enter a limit tourney though I feel like smashing my monitor. Literally.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can burn my house, You can cut my hair
You can make me wrestle naked with a grizzly bear
You can poison my cat baby I don't care
But if you talk in the movies I'll kill you right there

It's the little things...